Metal and Dubstep?

killer track man, i really like the part that starts at 0:36!
cymbals sound gret too, any info on this?

cheers
S.

song writing 8/10
mixing 7/10

it's rare that i actually like stuff on this forum, but you have talent man! keep it up. the only thing i could complain about is the cloudy lowmids, the kick thumb just dissapears. scoop a lite sumsum out of the rythm guitars and the bass.

killer track man, i really like the part that starts at 0:36!
cymbals sound gret too, any info on this?

cheers
S.

Thanks Soultrash! The cymbals aren't anything special, they're Slate cymbals besides the china and splashes, which were from an epic drumkit someone posted on here a while back. Hi pass around 300-400 and boost a teeny bit around 7k.

song writing 8/10
mixing 7/10

it's rare that i actually like stuff on this forum, but you have talent man! keep it up. the only thing i could complain about is the cloudy lowmids, the kick thumb just dissapears. scoop a lite sumsum out of the rythm guitars and the bass.

:worship:notworthy:worship:
Thanks Backe! I've been a huge fan of your music since Among the Debris, so you descending from your fiery chariot to personally comment on mine and provide constructive criticism really means A LOT. :D And yeah, the cloudy low mids tend to bother me too.

Gonna go check out your new track. :p

Wow, that was pretty awesome. I think there's too much reverb on the steppy stuff, it 'should' be more dry and robotic. The verb tails are kind of odd.

seriously, listening again.. the riff at 0:36 in the video is like one of the best metalcore riffs I've heard this year! and I gotta ask you, what do you use to make ze dubstep happen?

Wow, that was pretty awesome. I think there's too much reverb on the steppy stuff, it 'should' be more dry and robotic. The verb tails are kind of odd.

Thanks Cyanide Anima!! I personally thought it sounded better with the reverb, but that's just me. ^.^

Fucking sick. One of the best things I have ever heard on this forum.

Thank you ttrentt!!

seriously, listening again.. the riff at 0:36 in the video is like one of the best metalcore riffs I've heard this year! and I gotta ask you, what do you use to make ze dubstep happen?

Thanks again Backe! I make ze dubstep parts separately in FL Studio and use mainly NI Massive for the synthesized sounds. I just experiment around in Massive turning knobs and whatnot to find sounds that I like. After I get all the synthesized sounds done and sequenced, I resample them and add the effects and stuff(vocal filters are awesome by the way, especially FabFilter's WOW). As soon as I finish, I export it to WAV so I can put it in my main project in the main DAW. :saint:

Thanks again Backe! I make ze dubstep parts separately in FL Studio and use mainly NI Massive for the synthesized sounds. I just experiment around in Massive turning knobs and whatnot to find sounds that I like. After I get all the synthesized sounds done and sequenced, I resample them and add the effects and stuff(vocal filters are awesome by the way, especially FabFilter's WOW). As soon as I finish, I export it to WAV so I can put it in my main project in the main DAW. :saint:

alright! damn, that means I gotta learn FL Studio and stuff, 'cause I too'd like to create stuff like this, altough I'm thinking more breakdown-ish evil dubstep metal :headbang: know any good tutorials on FL?

EDIT: did some research, apperantly lots of people do it in cubase aswell, so I think I'll try that :)

I know this isn't a thread about dubstep/brostep, but I seem to be the kind to enjoy brostep so much more than "true dubstep", which I find so annoying and boring. Anyway, purists always hate about subgenres who tend to change too much from the original genre.

Apart from that, I always wanted to try to mix metal and dub/brostep without sounding too cheesy, never succeeded. Nice shot man!

alright! damn, that means I gotta learn FL Studio and stuff, 'cause I too'd like to create stuff like this, altough I'm thinking more breakdown-ish evil dubstep metal :headbang: know any good tutorials on FL?

EDIT: did some research, apperantly lots of people do it in cubase aswell, so I think I'll try that :)

The most common DAWs for this kinda stuff are FL, Ableton, and Reason. Cubase works too however. ;)

I know this isn't a thread about dubstep/brostep, but I seem to be the kind to enjoy brostep so much more than "true dubstep", which I find so annoying and boring. Anyway, purists always hate about subgenres who tend to change too much from the original genre.

Apart from that, I always wanted to try to mix metal and dub/brostep without sounding too cheesy, never succeeded. Nice shot man!

Same here, I'm a lot more into the "brostep" stuff rather than the proper dubstep usually pushed by the elitist dubheads. The majority of the traditional stuff sounds like bassy elevator music to me(I know I'm gonna get flamed for this statement.). I'll occasionally listen to Burial, Mala, or Skream on a night I'm feeling tired though, but only because it makes some pretty cool background music. :saint:

Nice stuff, the metal can stand on it's own, the "dubstep" thing here is an added flavor thing, not something i frankly care much about, but you sir can write an engaging riff, and shred a fine solo, and you know your way with the knobs and faders so props to ya mate!

Thanks for the bump/words guys! I'm working on more stuff similar to this, but the genres will be better merged this time rather than juxtaposed. ;)

Very impressive! great songwriting and sound!
which impulse did you use for the x50 ? Guitars sound great.

Late response, but anyways, I used the default impulse inside LePou and that Poidaobi ENGL impulse floating around here. Thank you!