Metal and.. WORKING OUT??

IMO best song ever to run to is Crimson by Edge of Sanity, because it's kickass, it has good rhythm changes, and it lasts 40 minutes.

For any non-cardio stuff, I guess Manowar would be great.

This song gets me going every time, not to mention the ENTIRE CD. This is my before show, during workout, and IM GONNA FUCK YOU UP BITCH music!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_HWdUi2TbE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Amon Amarth (Cry of the Black Birds, With Oden..., Twilight of the Thunder God)
Entombed (the fast ones, Year One Now, About to Die, etc)
Cannibal Corpse (the slower tunes in this case... eg. Death Walking Terror)
Black Label Society (the slow chuggy ones, Counterfeit God, Superterrorizer, etc)
Vader (Wings, Cold Demons, etc)
Halford (Made In Hell, Drive, etc)
Sonic Mayhem (the faster breakbeats from Quake III soundtrack)

E:
When doing weightlifting and such. For running, I just play random stuff, although lots of energetic industrial/EBM works the best. For slow walks in the darkness, nothing beats black metal (Darkspace, Kataxu, Mayhem, older Emperor, etc, darker moody ones), and otherwise dark feel/graveyard music like Tony Martin era Black Sabbath and The Amenta's album n0n.

I can't even begin to fathom weight training or cardio without music. Not only does it help with that extra push needed from time to time, but it's a nice escape when I'd definitely rather be playing music.

Cardio stuff is different. I listen to music when I do cardio. Weight lifting, however, I find I get much more out of my workout if there's nothing blasting in my ears. The background music of the gym/whatever is on the Muzak is enough for me.

I don't find it that distracting but tbh when you're at that point where you're feeling sick as fuck from lifting so hard you can really start to hate whatever shit you have blasting at that particular moment.

I have no idea if I would be able to work as well, I literally haven't left my house without my ipod for at least 4-5 years.
I know a lot of people say "I listen to music all day" but I really do.

IMO best song ever to run to is Crimson by Edge of Sanity, because it's kickass, it has good rhythm changes, and it lasts 40 minutes.

For any non-cardio stuff, I guess Manowar would be great.

So.. Manowar, right? :err: The only benefit from Manowar would be great abs from loling myself to death. :loco: Srsly, I would feel stupid as fuck working out to Manowar...