Metal Camp 2007 Part 4

Nope Demonaz still doesn't play. The current line-up is Abbath (guitars, vocals), Horgh (Drums) and Apollyon (Bass). I think Demonaz's hand-injury was permanent at least to the point that he can't handle playing live. That's probably why Abbath chose to stop playing bass and focus on the guitar. Demonaz writes lyrics for 'Immortal' and also for Abbath's project 'I'.

What exactly happened with his hand?

What exactly happened with his hand?

Supposedly 'Acute Tendonitis'.

Tendonitis is inflammation of a tendon - the strong, white, fibrous tissue connecting muscle to bone. Tendonitis can be associated with a calcium deposit, which can cause inflammation. It is one of the common causes of acute pain in the shoulder and can occur after an injury or as a result of repetitious movements. In rare cases, it may also result from a disease.

Tho I've read that 'Acute tendonitis' often subsides within 10 to 14 days. His case must be quite severe.

He does have a side-project tho it seems: Perfect Visions. Quite an interesting track on the website, I must say.

MOTÖRHEAD OVER METALCAMP!!!

Motörhead MOTÖRHEAD!
motorhead_01.jpg

The cult-pioneers of classical, "dirty" Rock'n'Roll, Lemmy Kilmister, Philip "Wizzo" Campbell and Mikkey Dee will provide you with heavy gun-sounding atmosphere. These glorious Hard-Rock-Icons, who keep their success in the business high since the mid-seventies, have definitely not unlearned to cope with their impressing skills and rock as perfect as it gets today. Indestructible and with a bulging portion of straight-coolness, the UK-trio cares for musical insecurity all over the world with their harsh-produced sound-wall, which MOTÖRHEAD have also released on their current killer-album "Kiss Of Death". In the foreground, of course, the bizarre grater-organ of front-bomber General Lemmy, who's the doubtless, legendary representative of the whole rock- and heavy metal-scene. Yeah, that's how true British whiskey tastes!

Pure Rock'n'Roll-holidays – yours the Headbanger's Holidays crew!

Can't wait for this year's Metal Camp! I won't be attending the whole festival but I sure as fuck will be attending the last day of the festival. The band schedule has finally been revealed and FUCK the last day is just beautiful:*

14.50 Eventide
15.35 Exterminator
16.20 Krypteria
17.20 Aborted
18.20 Grave Digger
19.40 The Exploited
21.00 Sodom
22.45 Blind Guardian
0.45 Immortal

This basically means that I get 4 (FOUR!) bands that I'd really like to see and that's pretty fucking good.:) First there's Blind Guardian who I've seen before and sure as hell want to see again. Then there's Immortal who I am a fan of and therefor of course fucking of course, bring 'em on! Next to these two I get Grave Digger who I've missed live several times now and I'll finally get a chance to scream 'Excalibur!' now (yippi) and even more, I get to see Sodom who I really am not the biggest fan of, but I like their newer stuff so I should have plenty of fun during their show.:) It's gonna be a madhouse, all for the ticket price of 42€. Of course I'll take an additional 50€ with me for booze and stuff, but all in all it's still worth it. Hell over paradise, here I come.

Came back from Metal Camp today, in the end I only went for the last day but it was AMAZING. The weather was just too beautiful for words and all the four bands that I went to see were amazing. I'm hurting all over today:D It's not easy headbanging and screaming to four bands (Grave Digger, Sodom, Blind Guardian, Immortal) almost in a row:D But it was worth it. Metal Camp surely is (one of) the best metal festivals location-wise. It's simply beautiful there... Despite the fact that I've been there before, it always leaves me in awe. Oh and I even met Demonaz and spoke with him for a while, very cool dude, I was amazed by the fact that he didn't mind standing out in the sun (35 Celsius at least) with me and my pal for at least 15 minutes. Anyway, I had an awesome time, looking forward to my next metal camp experience in 2008.