Metal Church USA Tour Dates!

Walter_Langkowski said:
They are getting a lot of the Chicago shows lately, Kamelot, Moonspell, etc.

Yeah it's a drive but I have heard it's a really nice club. As long as someone books acts around here to play at somewhere decent is all I care about.

It's even a further haul from southern Cheeseland.... :mad:
I'm sure eventually I'll make it there for a show. What makes the setup bizarre, rocky?

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
I'm sure eventually I'll make it there for a show. What makes the setup bizarre, rocky?

J-Dubya

The layout is strange. Lots of little side areas with no stage view and places to "do things," if that's what you're into. Not necessarily in a bad way, it just isnt your typical small concert venue in those regards.

Cool!! Rochester is right around the corner from me! Defintely gotta check out my buds from the old days! Talked a long time at the bar with the new guy in the band, Jay Reynolds (ex-MALICE, guitars) in Cleveland on how things are in METAL CHURCH and about the old days.... cool guys, all of 'em! Check em out if they come remotely near you. A killer live show is guaranteed!!

Wayniac said:
Yep - he did the most recent tour with them after he left Caffery's band.

Yeah, I got on their website to learn about the new lineup a bit. I sampled some of the music and the new stuff sounds really good. It reminds me of Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, or something along those lines. Jeff is my boy, so I'll have to buy it to support him. Thanks for the heads up! :headbang: :kickass:

rockyracoon said:
The layout is strange. Lots of little side areas with no stage view and places to "do things," if that's what you're into. Not necessarily in a bad way, it just isnt your typical small concert venue in those regards.

Oh, Ok.... ounds like Club Tavern in Middleton, WI. The band stage is on a raised 2nd level off of the main floor, viewable by about 75% of the main floor. I'm sure there will be SOMEONE down there that will make the trip worthwhile..... :)

Thanks!

J-Dubya

We had the pleasure of seeing them in Spain/Metal Camp. It was a great show and they are great guys. Oliva was late getting to our show for Metal Camp2 in the north of Spain and they gladly took time from their day off to help fill our time slot (we eventually went on at 4:30 am). Great performance by all and Jeff was fantastic playing the old and the new!

edgeofthorns said:
Yeah, I got on their website to learn about the new lineup a bit. I sampled some of the music and the new stuff sounds really good. It reminds me of Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, or something along those lines. Jeff is my boy, so I'll have to buy it to support him. Thanks for the heads up! :headbang: :kickass:
No problem. Isn't that what this board is all about - fans spreading the word !?! :headbang: :)

J-Dubya 777 said:
WTF is with Mokena, IL? That's a cruise from Chicago, I can't believe they couldn't have gotten a gig at the Metro or the Vic, or Double Door, or....
(of course they are avoiding WI completely.... : ( )

J-Dubya

:lol: The Vic? Come on, let's be serious.
Metal Church would be lucky to draw 200 people in Chicago.
There is no love for American metal bands in Chicago.

Walter_Langkowski said:
They'd do much better if they got Mike Howe back to sing with them.

The new singer and album is just painfull.

Mike Howe=:worship:

I don't agree at all. I like Mike Howe, but Ronny Munroe is an excellent singer as well, more in the David Wayne style though. And A Light In The Dark is a real fine album as well.

I'll do my best to be able to attend the Montreal gig on Jan. 21st, 2007

J-Dubya 777 said:
WTF is with Mokena, IL? That's a cruise from Chicago, I can't believe they couldn't have gotten a gig at the Metro or the Vic, or Double Door, or....
(of course they are avoiding WI completely.... : ( )

J-Dubya
When I saw them in Milwaukee, they played Vnuk's...if that gives you any indication of venue/crowd size. Was a Tuesday night, I think, and there weren't that many people at the show. Was still pretty damn kickass!

hey, here's an idea for the ATL Metal Church fans... why don't a few of us get together at that time and rent a van and make a road trip up to Nashville? I'd be willing to put a little money into that.

What do you say? Would it be worth the effort? :cool:

Rider of Theli said:
hey, here's an idea for the ATL Metal Church fans... why don't a few of us get together at that time and rent a van and make a road trip up to Nashville? I'd be willing to put a little money into that.

What do you say? Would it be worth the effort? :cool:

Tentatively I'd be on board with that. I may have a schedule conflict at about that time in January, but I like the idea.