Metal DVD Recommendations?

Mar 5, 2009
Every year my wife and kids go to Wisconsin for two weeks but I can only be there for one. This leaves me as a bachelor for one full week. I am going to see Municipal Waste one night, Lair of the Minotaur and Earthen Grave another night and have a Cubs game thrown in too. I intend to have White Castle or pizza for dinner every night. I expect to take long, uninterrupted naps on Saturday and Sunday.

I also have the opportunity to watch a bunch of movies that my wife would never sit through. The last several years I have purchased a number of documentaries, interviews, concert DVD's, etc. but I am looking for suggestions

Here are some of the ones I have:
Heavy Metal Parking Lot
Metal A Headbangers Journey
Global Metal
Heavy Metal in Bagdad
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous (Awesome!)
Lamb of God - Walk with me in Hell
Novembers Doom - Novella Vosselaar (too bad there were no interviews!)
Amon Amarth - Wrath of the Norsemen
Iron Maiden - Flight 666
Mastodon - The Workhorse Chronicles
The Rocker - Phil Lynott biography
Metallica - Some Kind of Monster

I plan to get the Black Sabbath DVD that comes out next week about the making of Paranoid.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

death and raw, live in LA and if you want to sit through a crappy comedy, metallic has a pretty funny cameo in the darwin awards movie

Heavy Metal Parking Lot is on DVD?

Yep, I have seen it in stores. Looks very low quality from the packaging.

I recommend IRON MAIDEN - THE EARLY YEARS.

Not sure if you are into MANOWAR, but all of theirs are amazing.

As far as NOVEMBERS DOOM goes, there is plenty of extras on there, if you know how to find them!!!! Just be glad you don't have a "scratch and sniff" screen!!!!

From the ones I own and can recommend:

Amon Amarth: Wrath of the Norsemen - this a 2 hour show what fuckin animals!!
ND - of course ;]
Opeth - Lamentations - a good concert DVD and some really cool behind the scenes stuff too

i'll +1 that last one, I really like the making of deliverance video too, more even than the disc itself maybe :D

Aside from the already mentioned Amon Amarth, Novembers Doom (naturally), Opeth...and yes, Manowar:

Roadrunner United-Badass show. I wish I'd gone

and I know a lot of people shit on them, but the Hatebreed DVD's just brutal. So much intensity both from the band, and the fans themselves. One of my favorite metal DVD's ever.

Yep, I have seen it in stores. Looks very low quality from the packaging.

I recommend IRON MAIDEN - THE EARLY YEARS.

Not sure if you are into MANOWAR, but all of theirs are amazing.

As far as NOVEMBERS DOOM goes, there is plenty of extras on there, if you know how to find them!!!! Just be glad you don't have a "scratch and sniff" screen!!!!

Cool - I've added Iron Maiden - The Early Days videos to my Netflix queue; not really into Manowar

Are there really secret extra features on the ND DVD? All I see are videos and fan-made videos.

Thanks!