Black metal recommendations.....

Orion Crystal Ice

Rider of the Astral Fire
Aug 22, 2002
The Road to Purity
Alright, I'm looking for some good black metal that is not satanic, or pagan.

I don't have enough BM in my collection and I need more. :hotjump: :erk:

And please don't get all tr00 on me with the whole non satanic/pagan thing because I'm really not in the mood to see it; you have your preference, I have mine, and neither of us wrote the book on any kind of metal.

My favorite BM album is Lengsel - Solace, if that gives you an idea of what I'm looking for..that album also doubles as one of the darkest and most beautiful I've ever heard, as well as being one of my favorites overall.....highly recommended if you're not familiar, try the songs 'Avmakt', 'Revival', and 'Hours'.

Any suggestions are appreciated. :)

You have to get ... and I mean "HAVE TO GET" !!!!

Negura Bunget - 'n crugu bradului

Best release this year so far ... quite phenomenal!

I'm mentioning Rotting Christ, even though they have the most Satanic name imaginable, because they aren't particularly extreme with it. plus, I'm tired, and going now, and can't think straight, and bah.

Not very easy to find Black Metal thats not satanic nor pagan though...
But Immortal is a very good choise...

Dragonlord my friend would be a good choice for the sort of thing u are looking for.
firedevil.gif

Thanks so far, ya'll......... about Extol and Immortal, Extol is one of my favorites, the Undecieved album is stunning (tech and death always made a great metal combination) and I LOVE Sons of Northern Darkness. I'll definitely check out Dragonlord, Negura Bunget, and Gorath.. :cool: :hotjump: :headbang:

I would go for Lunaris ...The Infinite. Neither pagan nor satanic, but rather existential BM. Later Emperor (9 Eq. and prometheus) would be modern "promethean" BM. Borknagar is sorta "cosmological" , not really pagan per se. Whether any of this is "true" BM is a whole other question. Good Luck!!

Dying Sun said:
Ok, black metal that's neither Satanic nor pagan...that leaves NSBM as your only option. Heil Hitler!

So...what youre saying is that Immortal are nazis?
They are neither pagan nor satanic, so from your point of view that makes them nazis?
Good going...