Favorite nighttime metal?

I cannot fall asleep while listening to music. But if I listen to something shortly before going to bed, it's usually something more mellow, like Opeth or Lacuna Coil, as opposed to brutal death metal.

It can be anything, whatever I'm really into at the time. Right now, that would be Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, The Haunted, Testament, etc(I've been on a big thrash kick lately). But when I can't sleep and I need something soothing, it's usually Dark Tranquillity's Projector and/or Haven, Opeth's Still Life and/or Damnation.

P.S. One night I fell asleep listening to Tomb of the Mutilated by Cannibal Corpse(I can fall asleep to anything, I just need some kind of sound), and I had some pretty weird dreams, usually involving me slaughtering the innocent(I just like saying that:D). The next night I listened to that album and Nile's Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka. In my dreams I was slaughtering the innocent in Ancient Egypt:p

Malleus said:
Emperor, Nightside eclipse
Helloween, Seven keys 2
If non-metal, Pink Floyd, usually Meddle(actually only Echoes on repeat, that song can almost make you high)

That's like, easily one of my top 10 songs by anyone ever. I'm a huge fan of the Floyd. Momentary Lapse of Reason is another favorite of mine, but noone much seems to like that one.. :erk:

I went through a period where I listened to nothing but power metal when going to sleep..mostly Helloween, Freedom Call, etc...but I guess I'm just on some different plane recently...that plane being I'm staying up til 4 and 5 and etc in the morning so I literally don't have the energy to listen to power metal once I fall over :lol: But that's what waking up's for.. o_O :hotjump:

Insignificant (by Nevermore).
Evolution 169 (by Nevermore).
Only the Strong {The piano version at the end of the cd} (by Flaw).
Quiet World (by Katatonia)
Otherwheres (by Lake of Tears)
Awake (by Moonspell) Moonspell has a lot of others I find to be very euphonious while I fall asleep, but I don't feel like naming them all off.
Forever (by Startovarius).
Cassandra (by Theatre of Tragedy).
The Way (by Amorphis).
Suspiria (by Darkwell).

The heaviest song that I like falling asleep to would probably be Thank God For The Sufferin by Cradle of Filth. Their new album is pretty good to fall asleep to.

Charlotte Church, Anathema, Aselin Debison and Type O Negative are also great to listen to while you sleep, in my opinion. I could probably think of a bunch more, but these are the ones I have been listening to while I sleep lately. Movie soundtracks are also great.

mm i noticed some very different things above. some mayhem, lot of opeth (god knows why
grumble.gif
) and even metallica/megadeth - which i find odd.

i mean, provided im tired enough i can fall asleep to anything .. im sure nearly all of you could.

but favoured would have to be sabbath!
- planet caravan (although i dont really like the song)
- sympton of the universe
- am i going insane
- sweet leaf
etc.
non-sabbath, i dont really have anything, as most of the stuff i listen to is fairly energetic, where as sleeping requires the lathargic touch.

new afi album "sing the sorrow" may even make the list, but is in its infancy atm :tickled:

misfit said:
mm i noticed some very different things above. some mayhem, lot of opeth (god knows why
grumble.gif
) and even metallica/megadeth - which i find odd.

i mean, provided im tired enough i can fall asleep to anything .. im sure nearly all of you could.

but favoured would have to be sabbath!
- planet caravan (although i dont really like the song)
- sympton of the universe
- am i going insane
- sweet leaf
etc.
non-sabbath, i dont really have anything, as most of the stuff i listen to is fairly energetic, where as sleeping requires the lathargic touch.

new afi album "sing the sorrow" may even make the list, but is in its infancy atm :tickled:

STFU bryne... Opeth rules N00b!