metal fest dates are up!

mentallic

metal fighter
Jan 12, 2005
Finland
here are the dates of the crazy festival dt will be joining in.

::: 7th Annual New England Metal And Hardcore Festival Schedule :::

As we get closer to the event we will have set times but for now here is an ALPHABETICAL list of bands divided by day. More bands to be added.

:::FRIDAY APRIL 22:::
DOORS OPEN AT 3:00PM

All That Remains
As I Lay dying
Hatebreed
Ion Dissonance
Kylesa
Obituary
Premonitions Of War
Remembering Never
Scurvy
The Acacia Strain
The Minor Times
Throwdown
Unearth
Winter Solstice

:::SATURDAY APRIL 23:::
DOORS OPEN AT 12:00PM

A Life Once Lost
Blood Has Been Shed
Bury Your Dead
Chimaira
Cryptopsy
Darkest Hour
Glass Casket
If Hope Dies
It Dies Today
Maroon
Misery Signals
Nightwish
Red Chord
Reflux
Sonatarctica
Stemm
Strapping Young Lad
The Agony Scene
The Esoteric
The Killing
Trivium

:::SUNDAY APRIL 24:::
DOORS OPEN AT 1:00PM

All Shall Perish
Behemoth
Black Dahlia Murder
Dark Tranquility
Evergreen Terrace
Full Blown Chaos
Hypocrisy
Internal Bleeding
King Diamond
Nile
Mnemic
Pro-Pain
Soilwork

more will be added soon.

Arrrgghh, I'd love to go to the 3rd day ..if only they had squeezed Chimaira in it instead of the 2nd.

New England, for anyone curious, is the northeast part of the U.S. (All the states to the right of New York)
Basically crappy, coldass, boring places.

God damn it. I thought people were just giving England some C21st premodification, for the new generation. Never mind. Seeing that lineup has knocked years off my life. the Acacia strain, Ion Dissonance, throw down, Hatebreed and Unearth on the same day. you gots-ta be kidding me. Shame I dont live in Nu-England ey.

yeah I know what new england is, I was just askng for a more specific location
... don't know why, as it's all too far anyways :bah:

Average festival at best as far as bands go, although I'll have to say that I don't know most of the bands. The hardcore ones don't interest me either. Dark Tranquillity and Strapping Young Lad would be cool to see...still, 25? more than Tuska tickets and less good bands.

im pissed im not going to be able to go. its so close i can taste it, but im stuck working all that weekend.

its possible i may be able to get out of working sunday to hit it up which would be nice, but im not going to get my hopes up.

i know i know :cry:. im hoping if i get to go sunday i can talk to some of my promoters through the radio station and get backstage...but im not going to count on it

You know, I'm waiting for the whole roster to be released. Still haven't decided if I am going to go yet. I've never been on the east coast, so that would be an experience in itself. There are already a lot of decent bands playing...hmmmm.

The Metal Fest is a big load of crap. All it ever is is the same 50 shitty bands that always play, a bunch of douche bag hardcore kids and a handful of decent bands. They also always just take tours that are already coming to the area anyways and add them to the fest and cut set times. A few years back when Meshuggah was on a headlining tour the show played the fest and instead of Meshuggah headlining like they should have they got friggin Super Joint Ritual to headline and cut Meshuggahs set to about 35 minutes. This year I was excited as hell to see Dark Tranquillity headline on my birthday ( the 24th sunday night at the fest). But what do they do, they make Soilwork who is support for the Dark Tranquillity tour one of the headliners and knock DT way down the list and most likely they will only play for 30 minutes tops. That is bullshit in my opinion and now I have to drive at least 3 hours to conn to see them headline, which isn't a bad thing seeing DT twice in a short time but its still pretty lame. But I'm just bitter I suppose. Anyhow I wouldn't waste much money on this fest it really isn't worth it. Go the the Marlyand Death Fest if you want a killer show!