Metal for the Brain 2003

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
Metal For The Brain 2003
C A N B E R R A | A U S T R A L I A
Australia's largest and longest-running heavy music festival returns with a vengeance.

Saturday December 20th 2003
University of Canberra Refectory
34 bands across 3 massive stages

ALL STAGES ALL AGES!

Artists already confirmed for this year's event include:

KERRANG STAGE:
Damaged
Blood Duster
Destroyer 666
Dungeon
Earth
Astriaal
Pod People
Devolved
Infernal Method

TRIPLE J STAGE:
Alchemist
Superheist
Cog
Jerk
Frankenbok
Contrive

OUTDOOR STAGE:
Hobbs Angel of Death
Psycroptic
Fuck... I'm Dead
Psychrist
Gospel of the Horns
Atomizer

More artists announced as confirmed

Four sweet words The Pimp has been waiting to hear reach Canberra for a fucking long time:
HOBB'S ANGEL OF DEATH!!!
The Pimp ain't the biggest fan of these guys but, if memory serves correct, they are fucking awesome band to watch live.
I's been wanting to see them again ever since I's heard they got back together for the Mayhem support last year.
Fucking awesome that an old school band of this calibur will be playing M4TB. Now if we can only get Mortal Sin a slot on the bill.
Hhmmm. . .
Someone call Wayne Cambel imediately!
:D

Heh heh!
Fuck this is gonna rock this year!
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

The Pimp NeonBlack said:
Four sweet words The Pimp has been waiting to hear reach Canberra for a fucking long time:
HOBB'S ANGEL OF DEATH!!!
The Pimp ain't the biggest fan of these guys but, if memory serves correct, they are fucking awesome band to watch live.
I's been wanting to see them again ever since I's heard they got back together for the Mayhem support last year.
Fucking awesome that an old school band of this calibur will be playing M4TB. Now if we can only get Mortal Sin a slot on the bill.
Hhmmm. . .
Someone call Wayne Cambel imediately!
:D

Heh heh!
Fuck this is gonna rock this year!
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Mortal Sin played a few years back at the ANU and they were appalling , it was not all the original members and they did very little justice to what was a once great band .

I'm in 2 minds about Hobbs , once again I think he is the only original member involved and it has been a long time between drinks . Also I saw a photo of him not long ago backstage at Incantation in Melbourne and he had his nails painted (geigh).

Please don't let Mortal Sin reform again! When they played in 96 it was, as Uncle suggests, a disgrace. They practically came to blows with one another on stage, the bass player had been fired the week before and they had a stand in, and it was a blot on their proud heritage. As for Hobbs, he's been known to cancel at the last minute, so don't get your hopes up too much.

Goreripper said:
Please don't let Mortal Sin reform again! When they played in 96 it was, as Uncle suggests, a disgrace. They practically came to blows with one another on stage, the bass player had been fired the week before and they had a stand in, and it was a blot on their proud heritage. As for Hobbs, he's been known to cancel at the last minute, so don't get your hopes up too much.

Yes. . . I's was being a touch facetious 'bout getting Mortal Sin to play, but once again, it looks like the internet has failed I on the sarcasm front.
Oh, well.

I's do remember hearing 'bout the Mortal Sin gig back in '96 from Wayne himself and what a disaster it was.
But I's have heard good things from Hobb's last few gigs (the Mayhem & Destruction supports) and it looks like they will be playing early anyway, so it's not like I's gotta wait all day to have my's hopes flattened. :p

Anyone heard anymore 'bout the lineup yet? Unkle? Gore?
Does anyone if Black Steel can finally make it across this year? Because if M4TB needs more of something, it's cheesy Power Metal. :headbang:

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack