Metal for the Brain -- No More?

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
I saw a post on another board that suggested that due to the high cost of insurance, Metal for the Brain may not happen this year. I truly hope this is not so! It's not a good sign that the website hasn't been updated since October, but that could be because they're busy doing a new album.

fuck that could be true too, even some places in Australia wont be having Anzac Day parades because of high insurance rates so its defiently a possibilty.....lets hope not!

Hi B.

I had an interview with Adam from Alchemist the other night and he gave no indication that Metal for the Brain would be closing. We were actually talking about that and he seemed quite positive about this years events, so unless this has only been found out in the last few days, .....................

Originally posted by Crestfallen Records
Hi B.

I had an interview with Adam from Alchemist the other night and he gave no indication that Metal for the Brain would be closing. We were actually talking about that and he seemed quite positive about this years events, so unless this has only been found out in the last few days, .....................

Cheers Mark,

As I said, I read about this on another board. I'm making no assumptions of my own. I posted it here for a couple of reasons, the main one of which was in the hope someone would refute it, which you have done. I haven't spoken to Alchemist since October, except for one email from Adam about a week after M4TB last year. I also hoped this would stir some interest in this year's event, to the effect that we should NOT take it for granted. It's a truly great show and I think we can all only hope that it continues for many years to come.

Hell,i'd pay 100 bucks a ticket if i had to,i look forward to it all year and i'm not all worried about how much it costs me as long as i can go.

Hi guys,

I highly doubt that they would be cancelling this year's m4tb.
Alchemist (the m4tb organisers) are currently in the studio recoding a new album so that would explain the lack of updates on the website since they take care of everything themselves. The price of insurance is unlikely to effect them since the insurance rises have only gone up drastically for outdoors events, m4tb does not technically constitute as an outdoor event since the stages are inside. But that still doesn't mean it's cheap.
Anyhow the point was, that it would be hearsay.

The last thing I head from Adam & co. was that Dungeon had a nice comfy spot on the main stage somewhere earlier on in the night than last year (fuck going on at midnight again! I wanna drink!) and that wasn't too long ago that they told us that (unofficially, of course - don't take any of this as gospel or anything!) so I sure hope it hasn't been canned!