Metal History Lesson

Atilla is a fucking great vocalist if you ask me, but his predecessor, Dead (Per Yngve Ohlin) was the best one ever to have lived. Maniac (The current vocalist) also sang on Deathcrush, for those who didn't know that.

Regarding the death of Euronymous; Of course there were more and better reasons than Varg being jealous of Euro's reputation, there was trouble with money, record deals, political views, and women to mention some.

Black Metal as a genre came before death metal.

Sorath said:
Atilla is a fucking great vocalist if you ask me, but his predecessor, Dead (Per Yngve Ohlin) was the best one ever to have lived. Maniac (The current vocalist) also sang on Deathcrush, for those who didn't know that.

Can you explain to me why Dead was so good? I have Deathcrush, Live in Leipzig and De Mysteriis...

The vocals on Deathcrush are are pretty bad, Atilla on De Mysteriis.. is fucking good and Dead on the live cd seems just like a standard Black metal vocalist.

Atilla is my favourite, but Maniac is good on Wolf's Lair Abyss.

I've got a live (rehearsal I guess) recording with Dead on vocals (Out from the dark) and he simply put so fucking much emotion (suffering) in his vocals, it feels like he's just about to go shot himself and is currently opening all veins and arteries in his body. Which he did. It's hard to really explain it, but that's the way it is.
I think Maniac was good on Deathcrush.