Stride - Music Machine
John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess - An Evening w/John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess
Patrick Rondat - Amphibia

.....these are good instrumental CD's.

Some of my favorite instrumental tracks:

Pain of Salvation: Dryad of the Woods
Payne's Gray: Unison
Payne's Gray: Dream Sequence
Riverside: The Same River (it has a few lyrics towards the end)

For some wicked guitar-driven instrumentals, I would reccommend T.D. Clark. He's from the Chicago area, and he has released three independent solo albums. I liken him to a more technical Joe Satriani. His albums are great, but it's even more fun to see him live. He'll come off the stage and have a conversation with you while ripping into a crazy solo. Anyone into high-energy shred guitar should check him out.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

A band from Houston Texas SCALE THE SUMMIT all instrumental progressive metal

Reallly loving their latest, Carving Desert Canyons. :kickass:

Equilibrium - Mana

Sixteen-plus minutes of total bliss. Next to "epic metal instrumental" in the dictionary resides...this song. :headbang:

Rush - La Villa Strangiato

It'd be a stretch to call it a 'metal' instrumental, but it's always been one of my absolute faves from Rush. :kickass:

I still pull out Tony McAlpine's - Maximum Security from time to time. I had forgotten about it for many years till a thread here reminded me, but it's back in rotation...just not quite as much as in the 80s....

Some of my favorite instrumental tracks:

Pain of Salvation: Dryad of the Woods
Payne's Gray: Unison
Payne's Gray: Dream Sequence
Riverside: The Same River (it has a few lyrics towards the end)

Payne's Gray are amazing, Riding the Shantak is one of my favourite instrumentals of all time!! Unison is amazing aswell

It'd be a stretch to call it a 'metal' instrumental, but it's always been one of my absolute faves from Rush. :kickass:

My thoughts exactly, I thought about listing some Rush but was thinking more along the lines of riff heavy instrumentals with shred-style solos; those Rush instrumentals are some of my favorites as well but not exactly metal; excellent though!!!

I still pull out Tony McAlpine's - Maximum Security from time to time. I had forgotten about it for many years till a thread here reminded me, but it's back in rotation...just not quite as much as in the 80s....

Still bring this one out frequently, one of my all time favs along with Joey Tafolla's OUT OF THE SUN and Vinnie Moore's MIND'S EYE...

I think you are my hero lol!!:worship:

I was going to mention Marcel, so it was rather cool to see him linked up. :) He also has two solo CDs out, besides Lemur Voice, Sun Caged and his various guest work. Colour Journey is half instrumental (I sing on two/play piano on one of them) - it's all over the map stylistically, as he wanted to focus on his song writing across a broad spectrum. Before that is Guitartalk, which would also be right up your alley, Mystic. :)

I was going to mention Marcel, so it was rather cool to see him linked up. :) He also has two solo CDs out, besides Lemur Voice, Sun Caged and his various guest work. Colour Journey is half instrumental (I sing on two/play piano on one of them) - it's all over the map stylistically, as he wanted to focus on his song writing across a broad spectrum. Before that is Guitartalk, which would also be right up your alley, Mystic. :)

Hi Colleen, You are great Colour Journey and Marcel and friends, good to see you on the forum:kickass: