Shredders!!!

Ah since I don't have anything better to do (other than reading a novel) i'll post some other guitarrist's (I won't post any details now, i'm way too busy hehe)

Mattias Lange (Metalium)
Allan Holdsworth
Steve Vai
John Petrucci (DT)

Ah that's all, i'm sure I forgot some though.

why no one ever mention buckethead?

:eek:

he is the most incredible shredder together with shawn lane...

he play out of major - minor style...

so it is really difficult to repeat his licks....

then 8 finger tapping and guitar slap together with all techniques is not so common...

i think he is tha most underrated musician nowadays...

:(

I do enjoy Buckethead, I have a few of his cd's. The only thing is that a lot of the time he chooses to use wierd noises and special effects instead of actually playing the guitar. He blast out amazing licks for 30 seconds then go into 3 minutes of wierd lyrics and mechanical noises. Except for on "Colma" which is my favorite of his.

Originally posted by The Yngster
I do enjoy Buckethead, I have a few of his cd's. The only thing is that a lot of the time he chooses to use wierd noises and special effects instead of actually playing the guitar. He blast out amazing licks for 30 seconds then go into 3 minutes of wierd lyrics and mechanical noises. Except for on "Colma" which is my favorite of his.

if you have that problems try cobra strike I e II!

the second is pure impossible shredding...

no one is clean complex and surgical like that solos....

for the rest is much more logical play at that speed for only 30 seconds....

if you listen to satriani he use the same method ,expecially in NOT OF THIS EARTH in wich he uses what you call "weird noises" and "special effects"almost 20 years ago...

:cool:

All I know is that I love songs like "Jump Man", "Binge And Grab", and "Welcome To Bucketheadland", and I don't like songs about fighting 8 foot story techno robots or stealing chickens that barely have anything to do with the guitar.

Originally posted by The Yngster
I don't like songs about fighting 8 foot story techno robots or stealing chickens that barely have anything to do with the guitar.

so you don't like buckethead....

every song are about that arguments...

except (again) cobra strike projects that are about martial arts...

:)

Randy Rhoads rules!! I love his solos he really was unique with his feel. Other shredders I like are Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Jeff Loomis, Alex Skolnick, JP, Michael J. Romeo, Y. Malmsteen, Chris Broderick, and Michael Angelo.

Also I don't know if he really counts, though he can play quite fast, Dave Murray from Maiden. He really is an amazing guitarist in my humble opinion.