Yngwie is still the man

oh without a doubt he could destroy Vai now, considering at the tender age of like 19/20 he took over for Vai in DLR band. Even on Burn he was doing tons of very "vai-esque" licks with the whammy and harmonics. However, Jason never really matured in the sence that he was still a bit sloppy for the lack of a better word, or really perfected his technique of picking. Of course, one could put a little blame on shrapnel's crappy ass shower room sounding studio, or just the fact that Vai had a berkley education and that perfection was hammered into him from the getgo, in every aspect of his playing.

As I listen to The Dark Chapter I cant help but think of Jason, and that his playing technique would have matured to what MJR's is and far, far beyond.

OfSinsAndShred said:
forgotten glory - Welcome to the forum!

I'd have to agree about Yngwie's sometime questionable choice in musicians. My personal favorites were the original lineup and the "Facing the Animal" lineup.

Thanks! I think that the Live At Budokan DVD is killer!:headbang: One of the best live video recordings I have ever seen...too bad its hard to get these days and we are polluted with the other DVDs which do not have the same impact as Live At Budokan...does anybody have that DVD?

I also think that Yngwie uses a song as an excuse to show off his solos...that's why the songs suffer but I really liked Cherokee Warrior off his latest album

forgottenglory said:
Thanks! I think that the Live At Budokan DVD is killer!:headbang: One of the best live video recordings I have ever seen...too bad its hard to get these days and we are polluted with the other DVDs which do not have the same impact as Live At Budokan...does anybody have that DVD?

My bassist just got the dvd the other day. hey added a Keyboard and Drum Duet to Beyond This Life, and it was crazy.

I saw one of Yngwie's videos last night on Headbanger's Ball, and it had to be the cheesiest video I've ever seen in my entire life. There was a dark wizard or something, the Dragon popped out of the floor when Yngwie played his solo, and it was completely rediculous. And I loved it.

ptah knemu said:
I saw one of Yngwie's videos last night on Headbanger's Ball, and it had to be the cheesiest video I've ever seen in my entire life. There was a dark wizard or something, the Dragon popped out of the floor when Yngwie played his solo, and it was completely rediculous. And I loved it.
Oh man, badass! I need to see that, I bet it's hilarious.

Yeah, thats the one. And he throws his guitar into the fire in the end. That was so cheese-metal. Which means it was so good.