metal kid beaten to death..

Ah. A fine subject of English Dickery. Fantastic nation you guys have there. Now I'm entertaining the thought of what would happen if I were in that same neighbourhood wearing a metal shirt like that.

Would I be beaten because I'm black, look like a terrorist, because I listen to metal, or all three?

No one will give a damn about it, though they should. It's really pathetic and it goes beyond the judicial system because it is just such a disgusting thing to do, regardless of the motive.
I can't stand watching people being beaten up. I think it's disgusting to watch people behave like that. Just like animals.

Also I'm going to say the terrorist one is the least likely reason. :/

He wasn't killed, just fucked up pretty badly I think.

I have to say, though I hate such incidents, it seems to me that these victims have no street smarts. If there're 15 chavs hassling you, then you sure as hell don't make a stand against them or verbally retort to their jeers - and let's not forget that these public campaigns against 'mosher bashing', despite being an excellent idea to help spread the word about what is essentially a hate crime, tend to heavily exaggerate a lot of the time. It sounds cruel, but these days I only ever see some genuine physical abuse towards 'alternative' individuals when they give a reaction... I think I see a way out of this scenario, chief. Again, I'm in no way condoning these actions or showing any support for the assailants, but street smarts do have a significant role to play in this. I've avoided many a mass-shit-kicking by simply keeping my head down, moving forward and shutting the fuck up, as have countless others - once more, things only really seem to accelerate when there's a standoff.

That said, mindless assaults like this shouldn't happen in the first place (obviously) but - and once more, pardon my cynicism - is starting a campaign really going to make human beings change their ways? No, it won't. Not unless there're strict rules pertaining to a well deserved punishment enforced, which would be extremely difficult to pass and even then it won't deter people. Drugs are illegal, robbery is illegal, murder is illegal, but people still take part in such things because they don't give a shit about the repercussions. You can't reason with someone who's lost the use of logic, and these primitive assailants hold absolutely no regard for law and order or the effects that their actions will have on the victims and their families. The ONLY way you could prevent such occurances from taking place is to execute those responsible, which in turn makes the situation worse to a degree.

Rant over. Cynicism aside, I feel sorry for the guy - the way things are going now, it's only a matter of time until we have another case in the same vein as Sophie Lancaster on our hands. And we're still feeling the effects of that loss.

...Wow, humanity is fucking horrendous.

In my area, the biggest news story at the moment is about a black kid wearing a hoodie who a cop shot down in cold blood. Why? He was wearing a hoodie, and apparently hoodies make you look suspicious.

I fucking hate humanity.

If you dress in blue or red in my town and go in the wrong area you'll get shot or mugged by gangmembers. Cops in my town, they'll shoot you they don't care. They're so trigger happy here they'll shoot you without second thought.

All the time. The best part is that not only is mosher a rather old word (way to live in 2003), but it's also an incorrect stereotype for most. Learn the difference between moshers, goths, emos etc. and maybe I'd be inclined to take you seriously you inbred, bucktoothed, doped up fucking imbecile.

...Did I overreact?

Ah. A fine subject of English Dickery. Fantastic nation you guys have there. Now I'm entertaining the thought of what would happen if I were in that same neighbourhood wearing a metal shirt like that.

Would I be beaten because I'm black, look like a terrorist, because I listen to metal, or all three?

As much as I hate our country, surely this kind of thing has happened elsewhere?

It's extremely tempting to lkead a huge group of metalheads into a massive street brawl with chavs, just to see how they like it for once. But alas, I won't stoop to their low level... unless this shit escalates really, really badly :lol: