North American headline tour with Devin Townsend

Well, after going to the Calgary show, I must say I was quite impressed. Bodom was as tight as any time I've ever seen them. Like Devin Townsend commented, all of the bands seemed to be in a good mood that night. Alexi was probably in one of the best moods I've ever seen him on stage. He even stuck around outside and chatted to fans for quite a while afterwards, which seemed that I hit a bit of good luck since every time I've tried to meet him, he's just run onto the bus. (Which I completely understand. I wouldn't want to chat with annoying fans all of the time either...)
It seemed like there were a lot of fans who only knew Bodom from their latest album, and idiot pit was in full swing, which was somewhat annoying for someone wanting to actually watch the show. But beyond a few complaints about a bunch of idiot fans, the show itself was excellent and well worth the road trip.
I also thought the new merchandise wasn't great, but I'm not a fan of the direction the new artwork has been taking.

So, anyone know if Obscura will be finishing this tour, with their bass player leaving and all?

So, anyone know if Obscura will be finishing this tour, with their bass player leaving and all?

They were at the show last night in Atlanta. Don't know if it was the same bassist or not. Damn good show. Obscura opened and were good, Septic Flesh were awesome...the singer was very into the crowd. Devin Tonwsend blew me away. He was really fun and a great performer for the crowd. COB were badass and seemed tight. The setlist was the same as in this thread, except Are You Dead Yet was cut from the encore. I had only seen them support Black Label Society before but this was so much better. Neat to hear the new material too. A lot of people seemed happy when they played the older stuff: COB and Downfall. One minor annoyance...the bilboard outside the Masquerade venue misspelled their name: Children Of Bodem.

I guess they're finishing the tour then. Just saw someone online claiming it was with a guest bassist, damn shame. Quite a dick move to quit the band in the middle of the tour, I say. Glad to hear the rest of the guys are still pulling it together, though. Can't wait for Friday!

Also, you're right, CoB is definitely a headline-worthy band, they shouldn't tour in support of bands they're clearly better than. I'm wondering if I should turn on my fanboy mode and try to get Alexi to sign my violin...

@Conti: Check your PM please.

went to the concert in boston the other night. caught a drum stick and then met the whole band after the show and had them sign it. pretty cool.
The other cool thing was that as i was walking in the door of the hall henka was on his way out, shook his hand. and janne was hanging out downstairs near the bar, talked to him for a minute. they were both just hanging out watching the other bands. i was surprised they weren't getting mobbed.
it was pretty cool though.

I saw Bodom at the Philadelphia show, and I feel that this tour was one of the best. They had great support bands. The set list was also amazing. It had everything from old school Bodom to present day, so you got a taste of everything. It was a great night.