North American headline tour with Devin Townsend

There were so many bandwagon fans, like that just bought the new cd and tried to sing along to old bodom songs.... but they would just go on about was it worth it?

I was in the front the whole show, I took a few pix but mostly video... it was such an awesome show though, i really like how slims is set up.. i first went in 2005 & 2006, the place has gotten a lot better since then.

Pics from the LA House of Blues show

http://metalassault.com/Pictures/COB/062411.php

Screenshot2011-06-27at100251.png

Screenshot2011-06-27at100308.png

Screenshot2011-06-27at100320.png

_MG_1913.jpg

_MG_1993.jpg

Can someone tell me how long the shows have been running? Trying to reserve parking and now sure how long to reserve for.

Anyone going to either one of the Jaxx shows?

PM me if you wanna meet up and go together, especially if you're in DC area - helps reduce transport costs on the way back.

Anyone going to either one of the Jaxx shows?

PM me if you wanna meet up and go together, especially if you're in DC area - helps reduce transport costs on the way back.

just got my ticket, arent you Australian? I can give you a ride from shady grove metro if you need it

^ No, that's a common misconception :p I'm a Ukrainian currently living in the US.

I'm more concerned about getting back than getting there, but if you're willing to give me a ride both ways that'd be great. I'm staying in Rockville which is one stop away from Shady Grove, so should hopefully be not too much hassle for you to drop me off on your way back from the show.

Which one are you going to BTW - Thursday or Friday?

One question: Why aren't there so many live vids, from the american tour. I'm searching for it in youtube and stuff, but can only find some films from the LA show.
How is it in US? Are the security stricter than in Europe?

^ No, that's a common misconception :p I'm a Ukrainian currently living in the US.

I'm more concerned about getting back than getting there, but if you're willing to give me a ride both ways that'd be great. I'm staying in Rockville which is one stop away from Shady Grove, so should hopefully be not too much hassle for you to drop me off on your way back from the show.

Which one are you going to BTW - Thursday or Friday?

im going friday, that shouldnt be a problem dude

Awesome, I'll get my ticket soon as well, then. Will PM you my cell# later.

One question: Why aren't there so many live vids, from the american tour. I'm searching for it in youtube and stuff, but can only find some films from the LA show.

Might have something to do with the fact that the north american shows are really recent as time passes people upload more videos,also bodoms bigger in europe on some of the north american dates they had to fill small clubs that have a 2000 person capacity they can just rent out bigger venues because they know they can sell all the tickets in europe.

Alot of venues in the states do not allow us to bring cameras in to take pictures or video. I mean we can use cell phones but not proper equipment. Usually only people with a band pass or press pass can get up front and take pics. It's not like this everywhere but lots of places are.

OK!!!
Big camera stuff isn't also allowed in Europe (Austria, Germany, England, Netherlands I was). But a small digital one you can always smuggling in, if you want. The locations are not bigger than the US ones. Where I was. More than 2000 people you don't get in, I would say. But in this tour I can only speak about Munich, Stuttgart and Linz!

Here's the video my Dad (Yes, he's a huge Bodom fan too lol), took at the concert. This was at the San Francisco show btw. Amazing show. 6th time seeing them live :). It's only half of Bodom Beach Terror but the quality isn't horrible lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm going to the NYC show on the 16th and I was wondering if anyone knew if Bodom shows sell out or if the NYC show will likely sell out. I don't know how many people I am going with and might need more tickets the day of the show. I've seen Bodom live about 10 times already but always got tickets way ahead of time and never bothered to see whether or not the shows were sold out. If anyone knows anything about this some info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

So I'm going to the NYC show on the 16th and I was wondering if anyone knew if Bodom shows sell out or if the NYC show will likely sell out. I don't know how many people I am going with and might need more tickets the day of the show. I've seen Bodom live about 10 times already but always got tickets way ahead of time and never bothered to see whether or not the shows were sold out. If anyone knows anything about this some info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hard to say. At the SF show I was just at, the show was sold out while we were waiting in line to get in and people were asking if anyone had an extra ticket. Hell some guy was willing to buy a ticket for $200. But to be honest i'm not sure. I'd play it safe though and get the tickets early if you can :).

Hard to say. At the SF show I was just at, the show was sold out while we were waiting in line to get in and people were asking if anyone had an extra ticket. Hell some guy was willing to buy a ticket for $200. But to be honest i'm not sure. I'd play it safe though and get the tickets early if you can :).

Thanks for the reply. I think I might just play it safe, like you said.