New Carcass album

Since when were they important members of the band?

Well Erlandsson isn't obviously but Amott bought a revolutionary melodic edge to Carcass. Of course, If you're more into ROP or SOS, this is irrelevant but he truly changed the face of Death Metal imo.

Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I met Carcass in 1993(?) during the Heartwork Tour (their demise :cry:).

I was asking Bill why he was not singing any more and he just shrugged his shoulders, whilst Jeff watched. I asked Jeff what happened to his dreads (after he suddenly had nice straight hair :err:) and he just burped in response, haha. I still have his (from memory) Jazz Pick. It was 19 years ago after all. o_O I DO remember Stage Diving at their gig though at Hell Club in Melbourne. After the show, they just walked off up the street with their guitar cases in hand with my mates and I speaking to them as they left. No Rock-Star treatment for them.

Let's hope they have come to their senses and their Roots and release a killer album. Necroticism crossed with Symposium would be a dream come true.

Ah, the memories. :lol:

EDiT: Wanna touch it:

20121202_210222%20%28Small%29.jpg

His influence is hugely overplayed imo
He came in and played solos on Necroticism and then wrote a couple of riffs for Heartwork (and solos of course).

Apart from Steer, Ken Owen was the biggest contributor of riffs.
They were always a melodic band, and not the first either.

Ammott never did anything particularly melodic in Carnage, and afaik that's the only thing he did before he was hired for Carcass.

Don't get me wrong, I love his solos and I think they added to the band, his interplay with Steer was incredible.
But people talk about him as if he came into this shitty goregrind band and made them an incredible melodeath band.
When in reality he was a hired gun and not responsible for any songwriting on Necroticism and only a small amount on Heartwork.

He came in and played solos on Necroticism and then wrote a couple of riffs for Heartwork (and solos of course).

Ammott never did anything particularly melodic in Carnage, and afaik that's the only thing he did before he was hired for Carcass.

Don't get me wrong, I love his solos and I think they added to the band, his interplay with Steer was incredible.
When in reality he was a hired gun and not responsible for any songwriting on Necroticism and only a small amount on Heartwork.

Yes

He came in and played solos on Necroticism and then wrote a couple of riffs for Heartwork (and solos of course). They were always a melodic band, and not the first either.

Don't get me wrong, I love his solos and I think they added to the band, his interplay with Steer was incredible. But people talk about him as if he came into this shitty goregrind band and made them an incredible melodeath band.

Glad someone else thinks this. I've never really understood where people get the idea that Ammott revolutionised Carcass. Interesting that there's a new record on the way though!

yeah I've read Jeff saying Amott wasn't really much into the whole melodic thing when they did Heartwork. I guess most people assume that because of Arch Enemy, but I'm pretty sure he started Arch Enemy as a suggestion from the label to do something similar to Heartwork cause people would love that. And they did.

Anyways, one of my all time favorite bands, love all the album, whatever they do I will most probably love it so what the hell, make the stupid album

Ill be the first to say it, the album (if they actually make it) will probably suck, I've seen a few live performances where steer could barley play any of the leads and was messing up in places where he shouldn't of, and jeff just sounded terrible... Kinda like he was singing with Chris Barnes "EEEEE!" voice the entire time..

Heartwork was a masterpiece though.

I've seen a few live performances where steer could barley play any of the leads and was messing up in places where he shouldn't of, and jeff just sounded terrible... Kinda like he was singing with Chris Barnes "EEEEE!" voice the entire time..

I'd agree, but If the album has been made, then I don't think that his performance will be an issue.

He has been playing stuff that really doesn't require speed or precision ever since Carcass dissolved so it shouldn't surprise you that he doesn't really have the same chops as before. I get the feeling he's the sort of guy that does things properly though, judging by the story of the Heartwork recording (him wanting to get rid of the "scratchiness" in the guitar tone).

I'm not really a fan of the last two records as strictly "Carcass" records, I don't object to them being made as records by the same band, but I don't think of them in the same way as the first three. If they write songs in anyway similar to the songs from Reek... or Necroticism... I will be extremely hard.

Holy Crap!!!!!!!

I met Carcass in 1993(?) during the Heartwork Tour (their demise :cry:).

I was asking Bill why he was not singing any more and he just shrugged his shoulders, whilst Jeff watched. I asked Jeff what happened to his dreads (after he suddenly had nice straight hair :err:) and he just burped in response, haha. I still have his (from memory) Jazz Pick. It was 19 years ago after all. o_O I DO remember Stage Diving at their gig though at Hell Club in Melbourne. After the show, they just walked off up the street with their guitar cases in hand with my mates and I speaking to them as they left. No Rock-Star treatment for them.

Let's hope they have come to their senses and their Roots and release a killer album. Necroticism crossed with Symposium would be a dream come true.

Ah, the memories. :lol:

EDiT: Wanna touch it:

20121202_210222%20%28Small%29.jpg

That's an awesome story! I was but a child back then :p But I caught them on the reunion tour and snuck backstage at Billboards after the show to meet them.

They were all just drinking etc so me and a mate really were lucky to have a good chat with them. Bill and Jeff seemed super keen about the whole thing and Jeff just didn't shut up and kept talking non stop it was awesome, he was quite obviously drunk at that point too though haha, but Erlandsson (obviously) but also Ammott were really looking like it was just work and they were just looking forward to being done with it. I had a word with Mike for a bit as he's a big influence and though he was cool to chat, he just really didn't care for being there, that's how it came across to me anyways!

So if Bill and Jeff have the flame I say FUCK YEAH! Can't wait :)