North American headline tour with Devin Townsend

Wow, Bodom devin and obscura all in one night? sweet! Really suprised there arent any mall goth bands on the bill for the US but im glad as hell

From COBHC.COM:

Hard partying (and harder rocking) Finnish band CHILDREN OF BODOM (or COB) has announced a North American headlining tour in support of their new album Relentless Reckless Forever which landed at #41 on the Billboard Top 200 in its first week of release. Brought to you by Guitar World and Revolver, the North American leg of CHILDREN OF BODOM's "Ugly World Tour" will kick off in Los Angeles on June 24 and run through July 24 in Montreal where COB will perform alongside KISS, Motörhead and more as part of the "Heavy MTL" hard rock festival.

"We are psyched to see all of our friends in North America and to play our new songs live for all of the Bodom maniacs," commented COB guitarist / vocalist Alexi "Wildchild" Laiho. "Get ready to throw it down!" Support on the CHILDREN OF BODOM tour will come from Devin Townsend with openers Obscura and Septicflesh rotating positions each night.

Guitar World and Revolver bring you
CHILDREN OF BODOM's "Ugly North American Tour"
with Devin Townsend, Obscura and Septic Flesh.

ustour.jpg

In Association with Spinefarm Records,
Good Fight Entertainment & ACTION! PR

June 24 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA
June 25 - Slim's, San Francisco, CA
June 26 - Roseland, Portland, OR
June 27 - Showbox at the Market, Seattle, WA
June 28 - Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC
June 30 - MacEwan Ballroom, Calgary, AB
July 2 - Edmonton Events Center, Edmonton, AB
July 3 - Odeon, Saskatoon, SK
July 4 - Garrick Center, Winnipeg, MB
July 5 - Station Four, St. Paul, MN
July 6 - House of Blues, Chicago, IL
July 8 - Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
July 9 - BeachamTheater, Orlando, FL
July 10 - Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
July 12 - Mr. Smalls, Pittsburgh, PA
July 13 - The Norva, Norfolk, VA
July 14 - Jaxx, Springfield, VA
July 15 - Jaxx, Springfield, VA
July 16 - Best Buy Theatre, New York, NY
July 17 - Trocadero Theatre, Philadelphia, PA
July 19 - Palladium, Worcester, PA
July 21 - Multipurpose Centre, Halifax, NS (* no Devin Townsend)
July 23 - Downsview Park, Toronto, ONT (* as part of Heavy TO)
July 24 - Parc Jean-Drapeau, Montreal, QC (* as part of Heavy MTL)

Personally this suits me great, cause i'm on a Roadtrip with a friend in the states, and we're in New York @16/7 :D Good times..

Fuck yes! July 8th Atlanta! Can't wait to see them in a headlining show...it was such a nice teaser to see them supporting BLS, but this is going to be awesome. I was really hoping for Ensiferum at least to join them over here, if not Amon too, but oh well. I'll have to check out Obscura and Septic Flesh...already know Devin Townsend will piss me off having to get through him to get to Bodom.

Bodom is popular over there? Oh and great... COB won't headline again in Montreal.

Yeah, WTF? 2 Shows in Springfield? Which makes a total of 3 in VA, yet NY gets only 1, CA only 2. It just seems odd to have 3 stops in that state compared to some of the other ones. Of course maybe I'm just bitter that I gotta drive 4 hours to Atlanta instead of 2 to Charlotte, but still.

Yeah, WTF? 2 Shows in Springfield? Which makes a total of 3 in VA, yet NY gets only 1, CA only 2. It just seems odd to have 3 stops in that state compared to some of the other ones. Of course maybe I'm just bitter that I gotta drive 4 hours to Atlanta instead of 2 to Charlotte, but still.

Of the tour dates announced thus far, there's not a show within 12 hours of me. That means either (a) I'm going to have to log in some serious travel time to make it to any one of these shows OR (b) I'm going to have to hold out hope that there will be more dates announced and that maybe at least ONE will be within reasonable driving distance of me. But whatever, right? Considering how far they're all traveling in order to make this tour happen, I can travel a little to close the distance. At the end of the day, I'm pissed I can't book this bill for a house party. :kickass: :headbang:

damn...no Las Vegas shows. All the good tours skip this city it seems. I hope I can make it to the July 6th show in Chicago.

Ha-ha I get two shows and you guys get one! I may not go to both though

I doubt they'll be doing their headlining set in Toronto since there are 8 bands ahead of them :cry:

I will go if there's a meet and greet, so I can get my vinyl and photo book signed.