Amaranthe Mechanical Illusion

I really like it too, I have probably listened to it 5-8 times already. It is an extension of the first album, not a huge amount of surprises. Having said that they do try some new things and couple of the choruses are super poppy. I think fans of the first will really dig this, they clearly no what their appeal is in terms of their sound. Some people might complain it is a bit of the same, but I don't mind on album # 2. Now if their next album sounds like this, they will have some 'splaining to do.

Very good 2nd disc! There are a few new textures added to the mix, though it is very similiar to the debut. I like it...alot

I didn't want to start a new thread, but Elize was recently interviewed by femmemetalwebzine

When asked about ProgPower USA:

"Also when we, Amaranthe, played at Prog Power in Atlanta our backing track machine and our stage clothing’s disappeared on the way from Germany, so we had to improvise a lot, and I read on YouTube a lot of people thought we were drunk on stage, but the truth is at on top of being totally lost without the right backing tracks I also had a really bad infection in my leg that I got in Mexico a couple of days before, so I was on really strong medication. But we have never canceled any of our shows with Amaranthe so far."

And I am loving the new material I've heard - total pros!

~Jen

Shows what I know about music. I thought Amaranthe was killer in Atlanta. I was shocked to read after the fact about all of the obstacles they had to overcome to take the stage that day. That made Amaranthe's performance even more impressive.

Imagine just how awesome they might have been had everything thing gone as planned. Or maybe the ad hoc nature of the day elevated their adrenaline. Anyway, no complaints form me about Amaranthe's ProgPowerUSA appearance. I just appreciate the band being there.

Well. I did have one complaint. I wanted one of their shirts. But it is not their fault the merchandise got lost en route.

I didn't want to start a new thread, but Elize was recently interviewed by femmemetalwebzine

When asked about ProgPower USA:

"Also when we, Amaranthe, played at Prog Power in Atlanta our backing track machine and our stage clothing’s disappeared on the way from Germany, so we had to improvise a lot, and I read on YouTube a lot of people thought we were drunk on stage, but the truth is at on top of being totally lost without the right backing tracks I also had a really bad infection in my leg that I got in Mexico a couple of days before, so I was on really strong medication. But we have never canceled any of our shows with Amaranthe so far."

And I am loving the new material I've heard - total pros!

~Jen

See, I thought they were REALLY slick on stage, and their set ended up being the highlight of the night for me. Handicapped or not, it was still a fantastic experience.

See, I thought they were REALLY slick on stage, and their set ended up being the highlight of the night for me. Handicapped or not, it was still a fantastic experience.

This was the report I had gotten from almost everyone I spoke to on Saturday (I had to miss Friday's show due to sudden life emergencies). I spent some time with Jake on Saturday, and he was really buming about the mishaps on Friday - I tried to reassure him that the Atlanta audience loved the set, and there is a large group of folks who can't wait for them to return to the States!

I ... Electroheart... I can't ... it's so absurd. I can't stop laughing. It's like what Ace of Base would be if it was "metal."

RESTART ELECTROHEART DEJA VU AND FALL APART.

That said, I can't can't stop listening to it.

It's cool that they put the album up early but I don't want to "spoil" it for myself by listening to the advance stream. I'll listen to it when I buy it.

"Electroheart" is the one track I can't really get into. Amaranthe has always been pretty poppy, but that one's a little too much for me.

I just got The Nexus in the mail, and although i've only heard the entire thing once, I really like it. My biggest complaint about the debut is that it felt like Jake (male singer) got the short end of the stick in terms of mic time. This time, the vocals seem more balanced. The style is pretty similar to the debut, but it doesn't ever get boring (not that I thought the debut was at all). They even experimented a tad (Electroheart anyone? I have to agree with you guys; it's not a bad song but the chorus makes me think i'm playing DDR or something). My favorite tracks are Afterlife, Invincible (I love the energy these two songs give off), Transhuman, Infinity, and Burn With Me. Really really hoping they come to the US soon! The deluxe edition comes with two bonus tracks, but they are an acoustic version of Afterlife and a rough version of Leave Everything Behind. I would've preferred two new songs as bonuses like with the debut, but I won't complain too loud.

I just wanted to comment on one thing about the guitar solo. That has got to be the best Yngwie Malmsteen'esqe solo that I have ever heard. Olof completely nails Yngwies tone and not sure what ya would call it other that style almost perfectly! Simply badass!!

Bear