Metal Machinery SDX

It's unprocessed. It sounds great. Possibly the best raw drums sounds you can get. Just goes to show how much Andy is good sound engineer at the core.

Yeah, I just picked it up. As much as I love Metal Machine, I really enjoy being able to take the drums as Andy recorded them and process them how I like to do them. More flexibility and possibility for unique sounds. They're really great!

@Machinated I saw some YT comments on the Toontrack video mention that some of the X-Drum samples are from the D4. While I don't have one around to confirm, it wouldn't surprise me considering how much he's used it on productions.

Kick of death sounds pretty "Stauby". Fat Snare is probably D4's Fat City, Ringy Snare sounds like "that" Colin sample. Sneap Snare 1 is "that" D4 Sneap sample.

Reactions: Machinated
has anyone else who's bought it recognised the Alesis D4 and Randy Staub samples in there as one shots?
Wow thanks for mentionning it, as I would never have find (or even search) these samples myself.

They're a bit hidden (at least in SD2), you need to had X-Drum to see it in the list.
That's a great option to have those directly into Superior !

Last edited:
Obviously they decided for drums only this year. I dont care about their midi or guitar/bass stuff anyway
I have to admit that Metal Bass Beasts is pretty cool. Otherwise, I don't care for their guitar and bass stuff either.