Toontrack Metal month 2014

Question about the Collin pack : is it only compatible with Ez2 or is it load able on S2.0 as an alternative ?

The MoM pack is fully compatible. Just be sure you have the latest update, which is 2.4 I think. I had some trouble at first until I realized the 2.4 update installer was putting the DLL in some weird folder instead of my VST folder, but it's working fine after I dragged it into the right place.

If the price stays like this I won't take it until a sale happens, I can't justify myself buying this now.

Question about the Collin pack : is it only compatible with Ez2 or is it load able on S2.0 as an alternative ?

Yea it's already being listed at around 150 total at places such as sweetwater, etc. Priced around the same as other SDXs excluding their 50% off sales I guess : /

Metal Machinery SDX is out !!
metalmachinery_top.jpg

this is not that amazing.... at least a discount for those who bought the exz first would be a nice move....

The only thing this strategy is going to do, is me not buying the Made For Metal EZX.

Well both are aimed at different types of customer base. I don't see a any reason to complain.

EZ: "hey I want a mix ready stuff to express my musical creativity", and Superior: "hey I want raw stuff because I need to use my own mixing skills".

Well both are aimed at different types of customer base. I don't see a any reason to complain.

EZ: "hey I want a mix ready stuff to express my musical creativity", and Superior: "hey I want raw stuff because I need to express my own mixing skills".

I agree, and i don`t complain, I`m just saying, that with the option to get me some Richardson drums, i would rather like his Engineering than his mixing ;)

I`m the last kind, the type that wants to tweak the shit out of good raw recorded drums, so i will wait. :)

One of the reasons I would like this is to be able to see if I can come up with similar sounds as the processed version. Also it sounds good in itself, but I won't pay the high price for it, and yeah, I feel like having bought MM when it was out logically should at least entitle for a nice discount on the very same sounds without processing.

In fact, in my case it is paying 150 euros for unlocking a function which is "remove Andy Sneap's processing". I find it a little bit hard to justify

This will be awesome after a new Superior is released. Currently, I just can't go back to Superior after EZDrummer 2. But for anyone wanting to mix already great sounding drums, this will be the expansion to buy.

Nice work Andy!

I'm curious as to why they don't release the two versions at the same time. How many people buy BOTH expansions? Wouldn't it just be easier to give us the option up front to get the more expensive, raw sdx, and let the people who just want a cheaper, pre mixed version get the ezx? Now I have to wait a year to get the colin drums, and I won't be spending extra on the raw Sneap files.

Dicks.

I'm curious as to why they don't release the two versions at the same time. How many people buy BOTH expansions? Wouldn't it just be easier to give us the option up front to get the more expensive, raw sdx, and let the people who just want a cheaper, pre mixed version get the ezx? Now I have to wait a year to get the colin drums, and I won't be spending extra on the raw Sneap files.

Dicks.

I agree.