Toontrack Metal month 2014

Jeff, that sounds killer! Congrats. So is this the Made of Metal kit with only a Metal Machine snare replaced? Which snare? Or is there more replacement? The ride does sound really nice here.

Yeah, all MoM besides the bell brass MM snare (or maybe it's the supraphonic? I don't actually remember, I only use two really). No other replacement, has some more comp/eq than stock though. MoM is more raw than MM and takes really well to processing.

Gah! Almost bought then realized it requires EZD2 and I only have 1. Assuming 2 is worth the $, I should probably just get it soon....hopefully on an upcoming sale.

Yeah, all MoM besides the bell brass MM snare (or maybe it's the supraphonic? I don't actually remember, I only use two really). No other replacement, has some more comp/eq than stock though. MoM is more raw than MM and takes really well to processing.

Thanks for the info Jeff, sounding great!

Gah! Almost bought then realized it requires EZD2 and I only have 1. Assuming 2 is worth the $, I should probably just get it soon....hopefully on an upcoming sale.

Since I've bought EZ Drummer 2, I've found no reason to even load up Superior 2. It's sad, because in contrast to the huge improvements in EZ Drummer 2, Superior is no longer Superior. I really hope all that changes once Superior 3 launches though. But seriously, EZ Drummer 2 is a no brainer purchase just for the samples alone. All the new features are incredible and it's a very cheap upgrade.

Just demo'ed the EZ Drummer and like it so far.

Strange thing:
Is the snare centered in the OH's(atleast in the expansion)? It's faaar left here in the presets and havent found a way to correct it...

Listened through the clips for MGG2, nothing worth bothering about imo, some truly ghastly tones in there in fact. Shame as the first MGG and the Sneap pack shown that you can get some workable stuff out of EZ mix.

Pass. Some of these are pretty cool, some of these are godawful.

Yeah, I think almost all of the Loomis and Broderick rhythm tones sound like Digitech RP255 presets or some such crap, but neither is known for their amazing signature tone. But I think the Ryan Knight rhythm presets are gold, and the Abasi ones are not far behind.

Almost all of the lead sounds are pretty legit and so are the cleans. I think it's still a great value. Will probably pick up soon.

FACT: Great guitar tone is not Toontrack's thing.

I'll respectfully disagree. I like a lot of the individual presets between the Andy Sneap pack (e.g. Accept "Teutonic Terror"), Metal Amps ('Dual Cab Framed heaven 1" is just amazing) and the first MGG (Devin's presets all shined, and the Misha Mansoor ones were pretty good too).

The tones themselves are good, but the modeling sounds pretty lifeless in terms of the dynamics. I guess that isn't really supposed to be the point of the product, but it's still disappointing.