Toontrack Metal month 2014

Finally got the time to test it. Sounded awesome! But if you're thinking you will get Colin's drum sound you will be disappointed. It is just really good sounding drums. But you will probably have to augment them to get them to sound punchy enough. But the snares sound like real snares and are probably the best I've tried, the hihat also sounded awesome. To bad the ridebells didn't was as good as I liked it to be.

Finally got the time to test it. Sounded awesome! But if you're thinking you will get Colin's drum sound you will be disappointed. It is just really good sounding drums. But you will probably have to augment them to get them to sound punchy enough. But the snares sound like real snares and are probably the best I've tried, the hihat also sounded awesome. To bad the ridebells didn't was as good as I liked it to be.

Yeah, im having to fiddle with stuff a lot. Massive rumbly drums, and offset blast beats dont mix.

The cymbal grabs are too slow for me. The ride gets eaten by the rooms and sound distant.

Also, the presets were a horrible starting point. Not very ez.

Do you know where I can buy the Metal Machinery SDX in full download? The Toontrack site only seems to offer a partial download and I don't want to pay for shipping.

I just bought Metal Machinery last week from AudioDeluxe and it was only available as a shipment. SDXs are way too big to offer as a full download. Metal Machinery is about 20 GB, Metal Foundry is about 50 GB or so...

and so on and so on and so on
waynes-world.jpg

I have a friend who used to work in Riga in Air Baltic and he indeed told me the country and administration is super modern there, like you have an official website where you can basically get all your information like social security, fiscality etc right ?

I have a friend who used to work in Riga in Air Baltic and he indeed told me the country and administration is super modern there, like you have an official website where you can basically get all your information like social security, fiscality etc right ?

That is true, we do have a very highly advanced IT infrastructure in Latvia, its the 1 thing we can be super proud of, since our developers are in high demand (I work in IT too). Also, in most big cities we have fiber optic internet for quite low prices.

Anyways, back on topic. I have had quite a bit of time to play around with Made of Metal and it's a very impressive set, can't wait for the SDX!

I've seen several e-mails from Toontrack with SD2 marked down quite a bit, which is usually a sign of incoming new products. Hopefully SD3 will be announced during NAMM :kickass: