METAL MANIACS

NvmbrsDoom5

Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
www.novembersdoom.com
METAL MANIACS returns, albeit in the form of an online webzine....

Presumed dead, METAL MANIACS MAGAZINE will be back in business in September 2009 though in new form as a monthly online web publication.

Zenbu Media, owner of METAL MANIACS, closed the doors to the print operation of the magazine in February 2009.

Realizing an opportunity to further strengthen the underground metal community online, Mike Riddick, owner of Metalhit.com, stepped in to take over the development and operation of the new format for METAL MANIACS online.

The new METAL MANIACS will feature an Mp3 store with a catalog of more than 12,000 underground extreme metal songs from various bands and labels around the world; monthly band interviews and special interest features; a community forum; regular contests and select weekly and monthly song downloads from up and coming bands.

METAL MANIACS will continue to serve as “The Voice of the Underground” to fans worldwide. Visitors can expect contributions from previous editorial staff members as well as a few new ones.

Be sure to check out the new site in September 2009!

www.metalmaniacs.com

Cool, definitely one of the best rags out there.
Will check this out for sure.

Online is certainly the way to go, as there is no way in this day and age you will read about something for the first time in a print format.

Metal Maniacs was a great mag,glad to see they are coming back,they were one of the few to give my friends John Perez and Solitude Aeturnus any press.

One of my coolest memories involving MM was one time in Dallas ,after the Trouble show,due to who I was bumming a ride from,I found myself in the backseat next the editor Katherine,taking Trouble bassist Ron H.to some studio to meet King Diamond.Ron was talking about how Trouble actually influenced Metallica (though they will never admit it),all I know for sure is that the first time I heard Enter Sandman,before the vocals came in,I thought it was Trouble :lol:

Metallica has stated their love for TROUBLE in the past.
I believe one time TROUBLE played in San Fran, Kirk and James actually went on stage to get a closer look at the guitar amp set up to try to copy it to get their sound.

James has worn Trouble shirts before, etc.

Metallica has stated their love for TROUBLE in the past.
I believe one time TROUBLE played in San Fran, Kirk and James actually went on stage to get a closer look at the guitar amp set up to try to copy it to get their sound.

James has worn Trouble shirts before, etc.

What you said about SF,yeah,that is what I remember Ron saying,but he seemed to think that they were not willing to admit it,though it is kind of undeniable,I just was always stoked at the particular situation and being a part of the conversation :heh:.As for myself personally,and granted I have not read that many Met. interviews or of course seen every Met.pic,who could :lol:,but I had never seen any evidence that they had even acknowledged them,so I plead....... unawareness of the situation ! :)