Metal Myths

putihsom

Judge, Jury, Executioner
Sep 6, 2007
Hamburg City
I guess everybody heard the rumor of Gene Simmons having a cow-tongue knitted to is own at least once in his life. But there have been many more myths, prejudices and rumors about our kind of music. Which are the best metal-myths you´ve been told? (except any rumor about who will be the next Anthrax-singer...)

When I started to hear Metal - Maiden in the first place - some 22 years ago, one of my class-mates told me, he heard that a guitar player of Iron Maiden had his face turned into the look of a mummy by plastic surgery. :zombie: Another class mate back then told me he would never hear AC/DC cause he heard they took a dump into some kind of pot on stage.:oops:

Metal-Myth..A long long time ago I heard that VENOM were satanist and only worshiped the dark lord.
I also heard from an interview that brian johnson had a hard time recording Back and Black because he would encounter somewhat with Bon Scott...That might not be a myth I do not think...yeah...something like that...

My fav is also the stupidest. Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourn had a gross out contest on the stage. So... Ozzy Shit on the stage. Alice Cooper came out and Ate it.

...oh and that Alice was was the actor that played Eddy Haskel.

I've heard that Eddie Haskel is Alice Cooper one too!
How about, KISS = Knights In Satans' Service...:rolleyes::lol:

Good thread topic, you should get some interesting responses!:kickass:

My fav is also the stupidest. Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourn had a gross out contest on the stage. So... Ozzy Shit on the stage. Alice Cooper came out and Ate it.

...oh and that Alice was was the actor that played Eddy Haskel.

Eddie Haskel became a cop

Eddie Munster has been in a punk band since the 70s.

Whatever happened to Eddie, He's the kid from Mocking Bird Lane.

I remember a kid in 5th grade told me that that was what his priest said it stood for in church that past Sunday. I told him he was full of shit and he told me I was going to hell b/c I said a priest was full of shit.:saint:
That is one stupid church... and kid! :lol: Can't stand those types.

My church was never like that. The priest was never like "OOoooooooo metal is Satanic oooooo you'll go to HELL". I was lucky, I guess.

I've heard that Eddie Haskel is Alice Cooper one too!
How about, KISS = Knights In Satans' Service...:rolleyes::lol:

Good thread topic, you should get some interesting responses!:kickass:

In soviet-time Russia there were only myths.There was no metal hammer, no kerrang, no fuckin' eddie trunk. So some kids used to say that KISS = Kinder (children in German) SS. How do you like that shit, especially re Mr. Holocaust Simmons and Paul LeHaim Stanley?