Metal Redemption 1 coming to NJ - Manowar and Rhapsody possible?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Well Rob Grohl seems to be backin business again. There has been no mention thus far of a March Metal Meltdown (or as a friend once said March Metal Letdown) or a Milwaukee Metal Fest. This is usually does his business with Jack Koshik who of course gives metal festivals a terrible name. It was announced today that a Metal Redemptin part 1 festival will be h eld this year. The first installment will be June 3-4 at the Cricket Club in Irvington, NJ and the second one will be in Los Angeles sometime in the Fall.

So far confirmed are the following bands....

Body Count w/ Ice T, Agent Steel, Attacker, Abbatoir, Raven, Deceased, October 31, Black Widow, Stone Vengeance, Without End, Electric Chair, Lament, Epoch of Unlight, Divine Empire, Merauder, Killenstein, Recourse, Mortal Decay, Goregasm, Buldozer (from Italy), and a special NWOBHM segment.

The promoters are supposedly awaiting confirmations from the following bands...

Death Angel, Flotsam and Jetsam, Murphy's Law, Manowar, and Rhapsody.

If they can some how pull off the 5 bands mentioned above this festival will truly be worth it. It may seem impossible for these guys to get Manowar and Rhapsody but Manowar has played for them before and depending on whether they liked these promoters or not they may make a return. I think it is safe to say where ever Manowar goes Rhapsody will follow as they are pretty close and Joey does their albums and such. They even mentioned on Eddie Trunk's Friday night rocks last year when Alex Starpoli and Demaoi were on the air that they planned on doing American shows together.

Maybe Grohl and Koshik are getting their acts together. I noticed Koshik's name is no where mentioned with this festival but that may be because he gives metal fest's such a bad name. I find it hard to believe that he is not involved. I think they may have gotten their act together because last year they did not pay Raven for some performances and Raven had some not so nice things to say about the fests and the promoters yet they seem to be confirmed for this new festival so who knows. Agent Steel, Abbatoir, and Attacker have me pretty excited. Irvington is a shit hole of a town but I like 15 minutes away in Union so its not far from me at all. Just a drastic change in neighborhood scenery lol. I hope they can pull some of these bands off. As always with a fest run by these guys though... no band is really confirmed until you see them on stage. My cousin and I went to the NJ March Metal Meltdown last year and Joey Belladonna was confirmed going into the event and he never appeared that day. I e-mailed Joey a few weeks later asking him about something. He said something about having to drop off the bill ahead of time yet the promoters never removed his name from the bill.

TheGraveDigger said:
Maybe Grohl and Koshik are getting their acts together. I noticed Koshik's name is no where mentioned with this festival but that may be because he gives metal fest's such a bad name. I find it hard to believe that he is not involved.

Me, too, considering how closely Rob tied himself to Jack K. when he called me about...two years ago now, I think.

He mentioned they'd tried to get Rhapsody for Milwaukee (or NJ, or that terribly small Fla. metalfest they lost their asses on), but no dice. I suppose it's always possible the money could eventually get green enough for 'em, but I doubt it.

As always with a fest run by these guys though... no band is really confirmed until you see them on stage. My cousin and I went to the NJ March Metal Meltdown last year and Joey Belladonna was confirmed going into the event and he never appeared that day. I e-mailed Joey a few weeks later asking him about something. He said something about having to drop off the bill ahead of time yet the promoters never removed his name from the bill.

And this surprises one.......how? :rolleyes: Thank goodness for the Glenn H.'s in the biz who are upfront (as much as practicable) and honest with their fans....there are very few of those around.

Any update on this? Seems likely that Manowar and Rhapsody would be part of this fest, as the timing is right....although personally, I'd be inclined to see the bands at a different venue.

Pellaz said:
Any update on this? Seems likely that Manowar and Rhapsody would be part of this fest, as the timing is right....although personally, I'd be inclined to see the bands at a different venue.

I have not heard anything else yet. Im wondering if playing this festival would make sense though... Rhapsoy/Manowar's NYC date is June 19 and the date for this fest in Jersey would be June 3-4. So I don't know if it would be in the bands interest to play two venues that close, that far apart.

TheGraveDigger said:
So far confirmed are the following bands....

Body Count w/ Ice T, Agent Steel, Attacker, Abbatoir, Raven, Deceased, October 31, Black Widow, Stone Vengeance, Without End, Electric Chair, Lament, Epoch of Unlight, Divine Empire, Merauder, Killenstein, Recourse, Mortal Decay, Goregasm, Buldozer (from Italy), and a special NWOBHM segment.
BULLDOZER?!?! You've GOT to be kidding! I haven't heard a word about them reforming or doing any reunion shows. I'll believe it when I see it...

Anon138 said:
BULLDOZER?!?! You've GOT to be kidding! I haven't heard a word about them reforming or doing any reunion shows. I'll believe it when I see it...
I have never heard of them but a friend of mine flipped out when I mentioned them. He said they are Italy's version of Venom. This could end up being pretty cool. I hope things work out for this festival.

TheGraveDigger said:
I have never heard of them but a friend of mine flipped out when I mentioned them. He said they are Italy's version of Venom. This could end up being pretty cool. I hope things work out for this festival.
Bulldozer is BETTER than Venom, in my opinion. They're fucking legendary in the black/death metal underground. Damn, I hope this is for real!!!