Metal X Mas lists?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Just curious what some of y'all might have on your X-Mas lists this year. I'm currently in the porcess of compiling one, so far here's what I have on the list: Motorhead-Boxset, Iced Earth-Dark Genisis, Crue-Dvd, Hagar-Dvd, Slayer-Boxset... There's so much more...

when it comes to cd's I buy my own, because I don't know what I want until I go into work (best buy) or any other record store. Because I make a good wage, I tend to spend about $100 a week on cds.

sixxswine said:
Just curious what some of y'all might have on your X-Mas lists this year. I'm currently in the porcess of compiling one, so far here's what I have on the list: Motorhead-Boxset, Iced Earth-Dark Genisis, Crue-Dvd, Hagar-Dvd, Slayer-Boxset... There's so much more...

Dude, I don't even know where to begin. My goal is to have every album by every artist worth having.... that'd be one pipedream xmas list, that's for sure! lol

Anyway, I'll probably have some King Diamond, Edguy, Jackyl, Cooper dvds, new Iced Earth, Manowar, Savatage, Overkill, Anthrax, and a bunch of others on my list too.

IcedMadness said:
when it comes to cd's I buy my own, because I don't know what I want until I go into work (best buy) or any other record store. Because I make a good wage, I tend to spend about $100 a week on cds.
Fuckin' Cool a Metal Fan working at Best Buy...
I'd be like a "crack head" in a crack house if I worked there! How do you do it?!

I wouldn't mind having the following:

Emg 81 pickups.
D'Addario strings
Some band shirts (Dissection, old Metallica, At The Gates, Morbid Angel, etc)
A new amp (not sure what kind I'd ask for yet, but they're expensive as balls)
Death - Live In L.A. DVD
Maybe some money so I can buy stuff I know I'll want later.
A new PC would be awesome too. ;)

Rottuated said:
I wouldn't mind having the following:

Emg 81 pickups.
D'Addario strings
Some band shirts (Dissection, old Metallica, At The Gates, Morbid Angel, etc)
A new amp (not sure what kind I'd ask for yet, but they're expensive as balls)
Death - Live In L.A. DVD
Maybe some money so I can buy stuff I know I'll want later.
A new PC would be awesome too. ;)
Great list of goodies man, you're thinking outside of the box. Not just music, but music related items.

I'll add in non metal too, because I'm going to have them on my Christmas list too. :loco:

Dio - Last In Line
Iron Maiden - Killers, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time
Slayer - Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits
The Doors - The Soft Parade, Waiting For the Sun
Neil Young - Harvest
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2
Testament - The New Order
Jethro Tull - Thick As a Brick, Stand Up, Minstrel In the Gallery
Deep Purple - Fireball
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, Stained Class
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - Deja Vu
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood
Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand Lakes

sixxswine said:
Fuckin' Cool a Metal Fan working at Best Buy...
I'd be like a "crack head" in a crack house if I worked there! How do you do it?!
It's hella cool, especially when I get some cds as cheap at $6, I think I bought Lock Up The Wolves by Dio for about $5.50 or something like that. At first it was hard to save up my money because I spent it on whatever I found, but since I've bought up pretty much all of the metal that our store carries, my spending has slightly decreased. We only get certain cds in, for example, the only "Death" cds we get in are Sound of Perserverance and Live In L.A., so if I can't find it at my store, I can just go to another Best Buy store (about 40 minutes away) and see what they have. For a little while, we used to own Sam Goody, so I would get cds for 40% off there. And if I can't find something at work, then I just go down to my local record store and rummage through the small metal section then the used section to see what jewels I can find.

IcedMadness said:
It's hella cool, especially when I get some cds as cheap at $6, I think I bought Lock Up The Wolves by Dio for about $5.50 or something like that. At first it was hard to save up my money because I spent it on whatever I found, but since I've bought up pretty much all of the metal that our store carries, my spending has slightly decreased. We only get certain cds in, for example, the only "Death" cds we get in are Sound of Perserverance and Live In L.A., so if I can't find it at my store, I can just go to another Best Buy store (about 40 minutes away) and see what they have. For a little while, we used to own Sam Goody, so I would get cds for 40% off there. And if I can't find something at work, then I just go down to my local record store and rummage through the small metal section then the used section to see what jewels I can find.
You are the man! I love looking through the racks at Best Buy. They are new to my part of the country. So I was "geeked" to go into a new store. I went to several in Arizona & was hooked. I found import discs, in fact they were the Motley Crue Raw Tracks I & II. Which are no big deal now, but back then they were the shit. Maybe you could hook me up with a job there?!

This is kind of sad but I really don't have a music X-mas list. I buy music so fast that there is no point even making one. I could go for gift certificates but my family thinks I have too much music as it is and would rather purchase me towels, socks, and bling bling for the cat.

Psychonaut said:
This is kind of sad but I really don't have a music X-mas list. I buy music so fast that there is no point even making one. I could go for gift certificates but my family thinks I have too much music as it is and would rather purchase me towels, socks, and bling bling for the cat.
I hear you there. I hold off on boxsets prior to X-Mas & add them to the list usually. Yeah the family thinks I get too muchmusic too. It's a great hobbie(I think). I used to be into collecting Football(NFL) cards for years & that just burned me out....

Well, you guys will pulverize me for this one but most of my Christmas is done for already! My wife bought me a KISS/Aerosmith ticket for $250!! But I am a total KISS geek and am forever Gene's bitch. I am psyched! So kill me already! I'll be on the floor dammit!

But alas, there are a few other things I'd love to have for Christmas and they are as follows:

Motley Box set
Slayer Box set
Jackson Randy Rhoads V guitar (never hurts to dream)
maybe some King Diamond cd's
a pizza! (I'm on Atkins and it's killing me!)
A renewed subscription to REVOLVER magazine
"" GUITAR WORLD""
The Steve Lukather Christmas album- feartures EVH
ANTHRAX Spreading the Disease
WASP Last Command
and I'm sure I could come up with more........

Heh. I dont buy things half as much as you all. Probably Entombed's "To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak The Truth" and Black Sabbath's self-titled album for Christmas.

Psychonaut said:
I was the same with Magic: The Gathering cards for a year or so. Cost me a lot of money but I got burned out as well. I just recently sold them for a couple hundred bucks.
I still collect only Atlanta Falcons cards, mainly rookies. They are my team(getting crushed this year). I have contemplated selling the cards though. They don't sell worth a damn these days.

The Giants are my team (sucking as well) but my little brother stole all the cards I had and folded them into his collection. I think he still has them all. Lots and lots of rookies in there...

tedvanfrehley: I did Atkins too. FUnny how the thing you crave most when on it is pizza. In fact, that's what I used to break it. I'm getting ready to go back on it too.

Listen to this. Two Metal guys who diet?! Hey, I'm not knocking you. I have been 200 lbs since about the age of 13 & have been at this weight for 17 years! I think I am getting "heavier with age." I could stand to lose about 25-30 at this time... Any tips? First of all, how gay is this? A Swine asking for weight loss tips?!

tedvanfrehley said:
Well, you guys will pulverize me for this one but most of my Christmas is done for already! My wife bought me a KISS/Aerosmith ticket for $250!! But I am a total KISS geek and am forever Gene's bitch. I am psyched! So kill me already! I'll be on the floor dammit!
Fuck me! If Kiss/Aerosmith tickets are $250 in the U.S. they will be WAAAAAAY too much in Australia... :(