Metalcamp Vintersorg

Vampyrian

Vault Dweller
Nov 20, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Are you really comming Vintersorg?I'm really worried that you'll be canceled at the last minute or something...you have to come!
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

And..if you don't mind me asking...playlist wise...will it mostly be the focusing blur..cosmic genesis?visions?or will you play us something from Till Fjälls and Ödemarkens Son...I wouldn't dare to ask about any specific songs but...just so i'll know which albums i should concentrate most until metalcamp:)

I have a question too: Will you bring some Borknagar stuff to Metal Camp? It'd be cool.
See you guys there!! All hail for the organisers, Metal Camp seems to be quite a nice metal fest, maybe the best for the last 10 years or more.

I will be there too :)
@Vampyrian: I heard that the river there only has about 16°C.. is that true? I ask you because you're from slovenia

Wunibald said:
I will be there too :)
@Vampyrian: I heard that the river there only has about 16°C.. is that true? I ask you because you're from slovenia

Dunno actually...I live at the north of slovenia...Tolmin's quite southish:)But anyhow..I'm bringing my swim trunks. Water too cold?drunken madness fixes everything:)

I will be there! I don't post often here but I read this board a lot! Hope that Vintersorg will not be cancelled like the last year at the Vienna Metal Fest!
There will be something like a forum meeting? I think it would be great!!
vi sees!

I'll be in Tolmin on thursday...just to get boozed and prept for the whole thing:)Anyhow would be cool i suppose..having a forum meet over a few beers or sth like that...Don't have any links to my picture tho:|will be wearing a vintersorg visions from the spiral generator with a torn sleeve the whole time! (yes!the whole damn time!)

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hello everybody...I just came home from the Metalcamp festival...it was awesome!I loved the vintersorg show!really...i went totally crazy..singing, screaming, headbanging, throwing the horns in the air:)I went crazy hours before the show even began..it was supposed to begin at 15:40..but well..it rained and i guess that's why it was canceled (postponed till later). But that didn't stop me from cheering for Vintersorg..I rushed to the fence in front of the stage with a good friend of mine (great fan also) and started screaming stuff like: ''VINTERSORG!VINTERSORG!VINTERSORG!'', ''Hednahären leds av Vintersorg!!!!!!'',''WE ARE FEW BUT WE ARE MANY (LATER ON IT WAS: WE ARE TWO BUT WE ARE MANY (since there was only me and my friend)), ''TILL FJÄLLS, COSMIC GENESIS, VILDMARKENS FÖRTROLLANDE STÄMMOR, CURTAINS,...choruses'', and well...more crazy stuff..the people on stage which were keeping the equipment dry and stuff..laughed at us, took pictures of us,...but still no sign of mr. V..then the rain stopped and...Ektomorf came on stage...We were like totally pissed..one hour of standing in the rain and yelling our asses off and now this!?so well..we prolly fucked up their whole show just by being there...for example: when people screamed ''we want more!'', we yelled from the top of our lounges ''VINTERSORG!'', when everybody was moshing and headbanging..we were very obviously YAWNING!there was also a million middle fingers from us and several rude words and/or sentances plus more!the singer at one point even warned us to ''stop or come up on stage and show him that'' or sth like that..the security guards also warned us to stop..but it did little to help..we were there for vintersorg!we were totally soaked but still we waited thru the whole ektomorf show..just to find dew sented playing...we waited for a couple of mins..but finally gave up to go and get something warm to drink and stuff...my friend was totally fucked up since he only had a t-shirt on whereas i had a jacket + visions from the spiral generator:)so anyhow i gave him one of my other jackets so he'd be a least a bit warm..but he was shaking and like hardly moving...but still...we came back to the front row just before dew sented ended..and more ''VINTERSORG!VINTERSORG!VINTERSORG'' and ''WE ARE FEW BUT WE ARE MANY'' followed..and then..FINALLY!i saw mr. v on stage and started screaming even more furiously..I was like totally psyched..it was really him!after those 2 hours of delay...he and the band were here!the show was as i said awesome...the playlist was great, the sound was a bit off at times but still nothing to worry about..it was VINTERSORG!the show ended all to soon...and only great memories remain...after the show I hurried to the backstage entrance with my friend + some other good friends to maybe get an autograph or sth...we got stopped on the way by the ektomorf singer (shit!) since he recognized my friend and me..i took my jacket off before he noticed it..and my friend was also wearing the jacket i gave him over his blind guardian t-shirt..so we managed to just play dumb and escape without beatings or anything like that:)after that we tried to use a pass from a friend to get in but the guard saw us exchanging it so...that didn't go:(still...after a few mins..mr. V came out!amazing!i got to shake the man's hand and congratulate him on the fantastic show, also got my picture taken with him several times, plus i also got several autographs and..he signed my jacket!hooray!even tho it's hardly visible...it's still there:)thanks vintersorg again..really...it was better than everything i have seen thus far and prolly will for a long time (till the next vintersorg show:p)...it really made everything worth while...my feet maybe a bit weird (they look like dry prunes) because of all the rain (my last dry socks + shoes got totally soaked during the siege of the main stage), my voice won't be normal for a few days (because of all the screaming) i'm sure, I almost got beaten up several times..not just by the ektomorf singer but of course because of the maniacal fans who didn't like our attitute very much...and more...but again and again...VINTERSORG YOU RULE!

PS: also..Thank you Benny, Mattias, bassplayer (i don't know who he is) and keyboardist (I don't know who he is either) too!You were great!

Playlist (not in the correct order but...i think all of the songs are here..maybe one is missing)

Curtains
A Dialogue With The Stars
Spegelsfären
Vem styr symmetrin
A sphere in a sphere
Ödemarkens Son
För Kung Och Fosterland
TILL FJÄLLS!

hehe ... very cool to see such enthusiasm ... and very cool to FINALLY see Vintersorg play live ... aaaah ... and in such a beautiful environment ... really cool stuff.

I must however disagree on the show quality.

I am a Vintersorg addict myself, and actually came to the camp mainly too see him. It was great to hear the songs being played live, especially Odemarkens Son, För Kung Och Fosterland and Till Fjaals, the show was luke-warm at best. The band entered the stage with a 2 hour delay in washed-out trousers and travel-worn clothes, complaining they had just been stuck in a traffic jam, ,and were dead tired. They stood there like wet puppets (hehe, we were all wet :D ) without strings, and began to play. The first half of the show was quite miserable at best. I actually could not believe that THAT was Vintersorg for quite a while ... this was not what I was used to AT ALL !!! Where were the piercing solos'? The alternating rythms and deep-throated viking vocals? ... pha ...

För Kung Och Fosterland came and went like a summer breeze, but far less refreshing ... in fact it just came and went ... (in my oppinion) one of the best EVER soloes to hit the Metal scene, that is indeed a part of this song, was played without any oomph, hardly ANY feel and lousy rhythm. wh00t? ... Things finally picked up, when the band hit Odemarkens Son ... yeah ... was starting to feel it there ... but again, it came and it went .... THE BAND WAS TIRED !!! It was only the last song ... the LAST song, that made it worth while. Till Fjaals. Enough said. Mr. V showed us all, what he was capable of, and rocked the stage (he must have been happy, that it was the last song or something). It made it wortwhile, as all heads were bobbing as he tore it up with incredible passion and excellent feel as the band finally cast of the wearines of the road and were sync-ed up and ready to start putting on a show ... but alas, it was the last song ... and so ended the 30min show ... :/

Rating? IMAO: poor ... average at best. Then showed us in the end they can do SO much better ... even though the music is IMO mostly studio-quality, they HAVE the power for a live performance ... they showed it in the end ... but you need to be prepared properly for that sort of thing, and they were not.

/me over & out

P.S.- Vampirian: ... cool to see such devotion, but there were not only 2 of you >:) ... hehe ... although some of us were too dumbstruck to chant, as could not believe in what state they came on stage! And btw, those Ecto-whatever peeps were annoying as hell !!! Next time, we shoul ORGANISE! ... >:) ... bwahahahaha

Oh, I think I have to ally with Vampyrian here.. Though I've never heard any Vintersorg songs played live, I was quite positively surprised. And actually it was just the two of us... and some occasional passersby. I did almost freeze my ass off though:>.. Worth it. You never know when the next chance will be to see him perform live. The playlist wasn't ENTIRELY to my liking though... Really wanted to hear great songs like The Explorer, Astral and Arcane, Cosmic Genesis, Sharpen Your Mind Tools... But hey... The show was only half an hour long. Thanks for a great show, Mr. V!

hey Vampyrian!
I was also in the first row. I'm the austrian guy with the visions from the spiral generator shirt. do you remember me?

the song which is missing in your setlist is "vem styr symmetrin"

Dew-Scented was better. Anyway I was expecting Vintersorg the most but it wasn't that good. Destruction and Hypocrisy rule! I think Mr V was in a bad mood or whatever, maybe he was just tired. I'm a Vintersorg fan too so don't call me asshole and stuff just because I found this gig not the best. Matthias, you rock!!!

Wunibald! I remember you.. I'm sure Jan does as well.
fjellvandrer: Of course we aren't going to call you an asshole. Everyone has a right for their own opinion. I'd have to agree about Destruction even though I didn't manage to see them on Metalcamp (I have seen them on two other occasions, though. They sure kick ass... Especially live!).

So i've been dying to see vintersorg, I meat this friends on metalcamp that said I just had to see them (I had never seen nor heard them before because im discovering heavy metal for the first time)

anyway so im busy trying to get my hands on a metalcamp t-shirt and im just about to head to the forest to take a piss and then wait, whats that swedish, and I just went running shouting vintersorg! Guess I pissed of alot of people looking on the show because I went through the crowd like a blizzard just to get as close as possible I guess 2nd row behind the fence is alright. Anyway they were playing till fjälls and I actually got goosebumps. So thats how I got to be a vintersorg fan.

To all of you who were at metalcamp Im sure gonna be there next year nomatter what and you will see me to the "wheel" through the mudpiles once more (yea im that crazy sweed alright)

Keep headbanging dudes