METALCORE anyone?

Witchburner

Dec 16, 2005
Go ahead and load up your arsenal of weapons. I'm ready for the attack
that's about to be bestowed on me.

does anyone listen to bands like The Haunted, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Mastodon etc. etc. ?
I confess that for awhile I was into the first Mastodon album and
Lamb of God but that's about it.

Mastodon is a good band. I don't think they are metalcore. I liked Alive or Just Breathing by Killswitch Engage for a while. They really went downhill after that.

I don't think too many people here are into metalcore.

The Haunted and Mastodon aren't metalcore. And I don't see anything wrong with liking either of those bands. Mastodon are awesome and The Haunted were good up until the second album atleast, I haven't really paid attention to what they did after that.

MasterOLightning said:
Mastodon is a good band. I don't think they are metalcore. I liked Alive or Just Breathing by Killswitch Engage for a while. They really went downhill after that.

I don't think too many people here are into metalcore.

yeah!! I know what you mean aout Mastodon as they are a hard group to categorize.

Except that mastodon, suck, so I guess they fall under that catagory. The Haunted on the ther hand smoke! Anders is the best and most influential guitarist in the last five years, weather it was inspired form At the Gates or "Made me do It."
AS Far as metal-core, I soppose "All Shall Parish" are Okay, Of one Blood From shadows was thier best, no question, the rest can lick a staple.

Despised Icon, Ion Dissonance, The Red Chord, Between Buried and Me are all good examples of metalcore enjoyable to people who usually hate it.

lastthrash said:
Except that mastodon, suck, so I guess they fall under that catagory. The Haunted on the ther hand smoke! Anders is the best and most influential guitarist in the last five years, weather it was inspired form At the Gates or "Made me do It."
AS Far as metal-core, I soppose "All Shall Parish" are Okay, Of one Blood From shadows was thier best, no question, the rest can lick a staple.

HAHAHA you knock Mastodon, and suck off THE HAUNTED... amazing. Please remove yourself from existence.

The only metalcore I like is Botch, tDep, old Hopesfall, City of Caterpillar (although maybe I shouldn't categorize them as this...), and maybe a couple others. The rest is complete dickless crap with recycled shitty at the gates riffs.

setting flame to fires with the buried dead at my side and love fleeing before flames and the dead and burial of fire (that's mah metalcore band we just got signed to roadrunner :D :headbang: )

i like the haunted and i think they get unfairly ripped on because of comparisons to slayer. clearly totally different bands in totally different leagues.

although the thing with the style the haunted play is that it gets boring quite quickly, so you tend to not want to listen to the whole album. 5/6 songs generally does it for me. sure it shows they arent great, but they write some killer riffs and there is nothing wrong with enjoying them in small doses.

Mastodon are great and I would not consider them metalcore. 'the haunted' on the other hand are awful. I find it funny people label them thrash also. Their guitarists,etc... are from At The Gates so you can't expect much. What's so influencial about Anders besides spawning gay bands ?

Anything that has to do with ATG is poison.

Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, they're all good. But Mastodon isn't metalcore. Not really sure what the hell they are. But I was listening to SF today and fell in love with them all over again.

misfit said:
although the thing with the style the haunted play is that it gets boring quite quickly, so you tend to not want to listen to the whole album. 5/6 songs generally does it for me. sure it shows they arent great, but they write some killer riffs and there is nothing wrong with enjoying them in small doses.

Yeah. That's why I stopped paying attention to them after their first two albums. Both of those albums are great and also pretty different from eachother. But the third sounded kind of samey to me and I just never really got into it and deleted it again. They're a great band but I think those first two albums do it for me, I don't really feel compelled to own anything else by them.

That whole sound that the Haunted plays is getting REALLY old. The Duskfall, Dew Scented etc... etc... just plain boring. Metalcore sucks unwiped asshole...

Thraxz said:
Black Dahlia Murder is the only metalcore band I can stand.

Why is Black Dhalia Murder metlacore? Because they all have short hair? C'mon, they're at least metal, and I would go as far as calling them death metal (although of a more melodic variety, not too different from Dissection, late Carcass, some of Cryptopsy's stuff). To me metalcore was (and still is) bands like Biohazard, Pro-Pain, and Marauder. And if you want to argue that those bands are just hardcore, let me point you in the direction of true hardcore like (old) Agnostic Front, Sub Zero, On The Rise, and Sick Of It All.
As for the other bands mentioned, their popularity has ruined their appeal for me. I liked Lamb of God, The Haunted, and Shadows Fall about 5 years ago. Now I'm bored with 'em.