why hate metalcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

messakin

go forth and die
Sep 19, 2006
Valle Imperial, California
why do you people hate so much is it because its the popular thing to do or do you have a real reason to dislike it, and can anyone give me a clear definition of what metal core is. i've read that if it has clean vocals with growls its metalcore but lamb of god is still metal core???

Metalcore is hardcore with metal influence (from one or more genres though it is usually purported to have thrash or melo-death influence). It usually can be identified from the chugging, heavy riffing (not a negative thing here FYI) that isn't really amply chromatically-based enough to be (death) metal and isn't lesser in volume than the vocals enough to be normal hardcore...metalcore bands also incorporate the ever-present hardcore breakdown, the most obvious characteristic and a dead fucking giveaway of modern metalcore.

It's hated because a lot of people get a negative feeling about it from alleged metalcore bands such as Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. (all of which are fucking horrid shit, IMO).

There is, however, good metalcore...just like there is good stuff from every genre. It just takes an open-mind and a sense of quality control.

Also this is being closed because it really fails to distinguish itself from a troll post and would probably just start retarded, baseless, circular arguments about what the genre entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.