Deathcore and metalcore suck?

So... you're agreeing with me?

Elements isn't exactly the deathliest of death metal albums either.

On what Atheist being thrashy? lmao fuck no ... while their first album is pretty much old school death metal(as im pretty sure everyone already knows), the rest of their catalogue is unquestionably(no pun intended) technical death metal.

Atheist were basically the first technical death metal band ... so i find it kind of "lolworthy" that you find them to be rather thrashy.

i'd say Piece of Time is decently thrashy. i'm not saying it's a thrash album, but i'd say it has a good amount of thrash influence. i mean, i hear a ton of similarities to Swallowed in Black and Hellwitch's album, and i think most people could hear the thrash influence on those (espeecially given that Sadus is, you know, a thrash band).

Atheist is really thrashy tbh. I don't think that Piece of Time is any more a tech-death album than, say, Swallowed in Black.

I agree that Atheist have more thrash in their sound than most DM, and Piece of time is their most thrashy, but it's still death metal at its core. Swallowed in Black is straight up, flat out technical trash. There's nothing death metal about it.

I think the main problem herein lies in the fact that most older, more seasoned metalheads have more sophisticated standards. I'ts like trying to compare Unearth with Dissection. There is just no chance in hell any sane metalhead would put unearth above such a godlike standard. The quality and diversity of the music is on an entirely different plain.

So why waste my time with mediocre bands when I can go straight to the deep, quality metal? If I want a cheap catchy riff ill turn on my radio and listen to pop music. Imho, ill stick with my finnish, folk, and BM over these pointless fad bands....

They may not be as terrible as most people say, but they are just not worth my time nor most other seasoned fans.

Thrash Influence =/= thrash metal

So are Altars of Madness,Consuming Impulse, Slowly We Rot, early Death, early Cannibal Cropse and tons of other old school death metal bands/album's thrashy?

edit; and i feel sorry for the people who have listened to all four of their albums and think they have heard more thrash than technically inclined death metal.

This thread is still here? Anyway, I'll be the first to admit I haven't heard a whole lot of the genres, but they seem to lack very much any sort of beauty or "artistic" value. It's the same reason I've distanced myself from even most Death Metal. BM, Folk, Prog, Post, and even Doom have certain characteristics that the aforementioned genres simply lack.

I don't need to offer a serious rebuttal, when the original "point" is shit. :lol: Just sayin', bro.

Really? If you honestly think bands in the hard,metal,and death core genre's can bring you the same quality of music as older more experienced BM, finnish, folk, etc bands then your'e fucking retarded.

I'ts not even an opnion, it's a damn fact that the music is much, much more complex in terms of musical structure and lyrical content than bands in the "core" genres.

get your head out of your ass.

I'm okay with Whitechapel, and Despised Icon could've easily been Tech-Death but the brand of Deathcore they played wasn't generic. Metalcore is meh. The closest thing to metalcore that I like is Machine Heads "The Blackening". Call it groove metal, but it has metalcore riffs on every fuckin song.

I think the main problem herein lies in the fact that most older, more seasoned metalheads have more sophisticated standards. I'ts like trying to compare Unearth with Dissection. There is just no chance in hell any sane metalhead would put unearth above such a godlike standard. The quality and diversity of the music is on an entirely different plain.

So why waste my time with mediocre bands when I can go straight to the deep, quality metal? If I want a cheap catchy riff ill turn on my radio and listen to pop music. Imho, ill stick with my finnish, folk, and BM over these pointless fad bands....

They may not be as terrible as most people say, but they are just not worth my time nor most other seasoned fans.

Your argument is dumb for reasons including but not limited to the fact that you claimed Dissection's music is of a godlike standard. Their first album is really good, the next one isn't bad and the last one is fucking awful. The only thing that you said correctly is that this music is just a passing fad.

POST #69 :lol:

Really? If you honestly think bands in the hard,metal,and death core genre's can bring you the same quality of music as older more experienced BM, finnish, folk, etc bands then your'e fucking retarded.

I'ts not even an opnion, it's a damn fact that the music is much, much more complex in terms of musical structure and lyrical content than bands in the "core" genres.

get your head out of your ass.

You're an idiot. Not even gonna debate with you. :lol:

For starters. I'm unlike most of you. My forte is punk. All types. And that means I may be qualified to answer a few of these metalcore deathcore questions with a little more insight.

I'd like to go ahead and say that both Beneath the Massacre and Gorod sound like deathcore to me. BTM a little more. I'd say BTM is a tech death band heavily influenced by metalcore at the very least. Gorod sounds, after listening to just one song, a little closer to Death Metal. But you can hear the metalcore influence (which is really just hardcore influence if you get general).

Anyways, I like some metalcore. Not much. I DISLIKE METALCORE because the metalcore scene trys to rip off other genres without paying respect. Metalcore kids are oblivious to the fact that they want to be as brutal as metal and as energetic as hardcore punk without admiting it. Plust metalcore kids usualy don't know about death metal or about how fucking awesome hardcore can be.

I couldn't help but notice that you have August Burns Red, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Whitechapel in your sig.

Im personally not a huge fan of metalcore. It pisses me off, bu theres a few metalcore bands i can listen to. Im more in the Deathcore scene. But i listen to pretty much anything metal.

I love deathcore, i guess because its what i was thrown into after slipknot and lamb of god, but i also like deathmetal. I also think if you venture into the progressive deathcore genre youll find a lot of good music. I personally hate metalcore though. It just seems whiny to me.