Deathcore and metalcore suck?

OCI was capable of understanding and comprehending my argument. Since he strikes me as a fellow of fully normal intelligence, with no telepathic abilities, I put it to you that what I am saying can be gleaned from what I have written.

I already know what your view is. I don't have to glean any further at this point. I'm not confused about what your position is; I'm completely in the dark as to how you would justify your view. As far as I can tell, OCI's post establishes only that (1) there is some way of distinguishing between types of bands that are technical such that an idiosyncratic usage of the term 'technical' could be adopted (namely on the grounds he mentioned), and (2) the term, 'technical death metal', by itself, does not adequately characterize what Atheist's music consists of. But I do not see how it establishes that 'technical death metal', as a genre term with an exceedingly restricted domain of application is in wide use (and it's certainly not orthodoxy among metal fans, which is made quite clear by how many people disagree with you). Furthermore, even if it were established on independent grounds that such a usage is widespread, I do not see how his post shows that we all ought to adopt such a usage.

Likewise, I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying. So essentially this is just going to be us repeating ourselves indefinitely. I don't see the point, so I'm giving up on this.

At least we agree on two important things: Atheist is technical and is a death metal band. Ultimately, that is more important than whether or not we agree on finer points of terminology.

I'm not a fan of either genre really, though I appreciate certain bands - The Faceless aren't bad and although I hate to admit it, the songs I've heard off LoG's new album are actually quite addictive - they seem to have gone more thrashy and cut out lots of the dumbass breakdowns...

I have never found LoG to be metalcore.
Bands like them, Hatebreed, Devil Driver, Pantera, and such need a separate genre in my opinion. They share very little as far as scene and sound go with bands like The Faceless, As Blood Runs Black, Suicide Silence and such.

I heard it called New Wave of American Heavy Metal the other day, is that an accepted genre, or is this person just retarded?

Bands like them, Hatebreed, Devil Driver, Pantera, and such need a separate genre in my opinion. They share very little as far as scene and sound go with bands like The Faceless, As Blood Runs Black, Suicide Silence and such.

I heard it called New Wave of American Heavy Metal the other day, is that an accepted genre, or is this person just retarded?

Thats what Wikipedia suggests they are, so obviously its infallible...

I refer to bands like Lamb of God and Pantera as "groove-core."

I've definitly heard that term before as well...in fact it's pretty old, there was this whole Guitar World article about it around 05' or 06'. Idk if thats really a good term to describe that whole genre, but I personally don't consider LOG to be "metalcore".

I actually tolerate some of the metalcore stuff that was big like about 5 years ago like Killswitch and Unearth...and some of this newer deathcore stuff like The Faceless and Whitechapel isn't bad...but I fucking hate all this scene bullshit like Bring Me The Horizon and especially Emmure...like Emmure is probably the worst band ever imo, outside of pop and rap.

All this metalcore seems to be just a rehash of what ATG did.
So to me there is not much uniqueness in it and yes, breakdowns straight out of the locka room are just really gay.

2. Have way too much of that tough guy shit
4. JUMPDAFUCKUP/Bring da muthafuckin ruckus/bullshit of that nature

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will say this: I see why people that are normally into more raw metal hate these genres. I dislike most of it for a lot of the reasons mentioned, however I could care less about it being "teh fad". I really do not know or hang with people that really listen to the stuff, but when I speak with someone that's really into these styles I automatically know that our tastes do not mesh well.

That being said, I'm hanging onto my Cryptopsy & I still kinda like the new album :lol: :loco:

Oh yeah, & any deathcore band with a Fred Durst look alike on vocals sucks.

While the majority of metalcore is garbage, there are a lot of good metalcore bands as well. Pretty typical argument, but everyone on here says the same shit about metalcore anyway.