Deathcore and metalcore suck?

Heavy Metal was cleary defined in the 60's and 70's ?.

lying on the internet is stupid.

:lol:
That kinda defies the point of being progressive tbh.

Also, Atheist's music is in no way about technicality.

Fun fact: Progressive music is not named because it progresses music in any way. It was named after the popular album track-oriented progressive radio format.

If Atheist's music doesn't emphasize technically complex structures to a large extent, why are they so prevalent in Atheist's music?

Heavy Metal was cleary defined in the 60's and 70's ?.

Just so that you're aware, the basic sound of heavy metal was incredibly well-defined by the mid-70's when bands like Judas Priest honed the music into a specific style that has been nearly constantly imitated since then by later bands playing in the style. Extreme metal and other later metal subgenres that weren't defined at this point have very little to do with whether or not heavy metal was defined as a genre.

Progressive music is not about being exceedingly technically complex, so no. In fact, much of progressive music is not very technical in any fashion. Progressive music has a specific type of song structures as well.

This is all well and good, but how isn't Atheist a technical death metal band?

i agree, but they must have some tech to make progressive music. most of progressive bands are tech, most of the time more than metal.

btw, i don't know a progressive metal band without complex tech.

They wrote technically complex music. They didn't set out to write the most technical shit they could.

Also, Atheist tend to have more complex riffs whereas with tech death bands they switch riffs a lot and play faster but the riffs are less complicated, although they generally involve lots of left hand movement and advanced playing techniques.

You still haven't explained how an obviously technically complex death metal band isn't a technical death metal band. Do so before continuing to post mindless drivel.

Do you actually read my posts, or do you prefer to spend your time thinking up clever little insults? I've made my case pretty clearly; you're free to reject it but denying that I've made an argument is fucking stupid. I'm done with this for tonight; we can continue tomorrow if you want to insult me some more.

You guys would probably still snuggle up and hold and nuzzle each other and stuff irl if there was some kind of terminal world disaster or whatever imo. You would be all, 'your hair smells so nice,'.

Do you actually read my posts, or do you prefer to spend your time thinking up clever little insults? I've made my case pretty clearly; you're free to reject it but denying that I've made an argument is fucking stupid. I'm done with this for tonight; we can continue tomorrow if you want to insult me some more.

You haven't made your case clear at all, since Atheist's music is death metal that's quite technically complex and they clearly belong in this genre of music that they clearly were one of the first bands to play, and you've yet to explain how this isn't still true.

It really doesn't matter if a bunch of modern wankery death metal bands who think using every different style of picking and sweeping makes them cool exist or not, since their music doesn't change the music that Atheist played. It changes nothing, and you'll hopefully figure that out eventually instead of making heaps of irrelevant posts to defend your obviously wrong point.

However, I fortunately won't have to put up with you between now and when, if ever, you acquire the ability to argue effectively and actually make relevant points, because you're going to be spending some time with Alter on my ignore list.

Also, Atheist tend to have more complex riffs whereas with tech death bands they switch riffs a lot and play faster but the riffs are less complicated, although they generally involve lots of left hand movement and advanced playing techniques.

What kind of tech death do you listen to?

That's because it's impossible for you to encounter anyone as stupid as yourself.

They don't use chromatic riffing or any of that shit.

Wait...what the fuck? Yes they do!

Basically, they don't play like other death metal bands. They're more based in jazz. I would call them progressive. I simply would not put them in the tech death category because that category has come to mean a certain style which they simply do not play.

I would agree that they're progressive death metal but I don't see how in the world you've come to the conclusion that they're not also technical death metal. What does the fact that they have jazz influence or the fact that they don't play like other death metal bands have to do with their music not being technical? I don't see the connection.

They wrote technically complex music. They didn't set out to write the most technical shit they could.

Actually, Kelly Shaefer says explicitly in the liner notes on the remasters that when writing PoT and UP they would play the 'craziest shit they could come up with' (paraphrasing here, of course), so you're dead wrong on that count. Omni has made every other point I would have made, so she gets my respect for that.