Deathcore and metalcore suck?

Was their music still obviously based in heavy rock music? They were obviously the first real heavy metal band, and did sound different from their contemporaries, but to act like they didn't play a kind of harder, heavier rock music is juvenile and incorrect.

Okay, yeah. How about Death? Were they a thrash band?

You're being stupid now. Bands that help define and originate specific types of music can often be classified with the music that came prior as well as whatever genre they're helping to innovate, but that isn't automatically the case.

This also has nothing to do with what you were saying earlier, since we were talking about bands that came later having an effect on the genre of bands that came earlier than them, something that is completely unrelated to what you brought up as a counter-argument. Unsurprisingly, you demonstrate ignorance in both of these areas, however.

To be honest I think you're fucking wrong about bands coming later not having an effect on the genre of bands that came earlier. You don't have radical shifts, but for example Zeppelin were once considered metal, and there were a bunch of other bands in the 70s now considered hard rock that were considered metal. So to say that the definition of a genre is static is wrong.

You're being stupid now. Bands that help define and originate specific types of music can often be classified with the music that came prior as well as whatever genre they're helping to innovate, but that isn't automatically the case.

This also has nothing to do with what you were saying earlier, since we were talking about bands that came later having an effect on the genre of bands that came earlier than them, something that is completely unrelated to what you brought up as a counter-argument. Unsurprisingly, you demonstrate ignorance in both of these areas, however.

voadora.jpg

Bands coming later don't change the style/genre of bands existing prior.

To be honest I think you're fucking wrong about bands coming later not having an effect on the genre of bands that came earlier. You don't have radical shifts, but for example Zeppelin were once considered metal, and there were a bunch of other bands in the 70s now considered hard rock that were considered metal. So to say that the definition of a genre is static is wrong.

Even though I personally disagree with their assessments, many musicians, experts and fans still consider Led Zeppelin to be a heavy metal band, so you're wrong and you're continuing to prove my point about you being ignorant of the fact that a modern version of a style of music has no bearing on the genre of older forms of that kind of music.

tbh the question of who is right or wrong here hinges on whether or not Zeppelin are a metal band. Now you admit that you don't think they are. So how the fuck does that add up to me being wrong?

Even though I personally disagree with their assessments, many musicians, experts and fans still consider Led Zeppelin to be a heavy metal band, so you're wrong and you're continuing to prove my point about you being ignorant of the fact that a modern version of a style of music has no bearing on the genre of older forms of that kind of music.

wait, what???

Led Zeppelin wasn't a heavy metal band.

wait, what???

Led Zeppelin wasn't a heavy metal band.

I know, and the fact that some people once called or still called them that also doesn't guarantee the accuracy of their statements, since people often classify music incorrectly to begin with, which is the point that I made in my previous post.

They definitely didn't have the heavy metal riffing style that started with Black Sabbath, which is why I and most other metal fans would disagree with them being labeled as such.

So...you're saying people called them one thing, but now we see them as another.

That couldn't possibly be relevant to my point that a band could originally be seen as one thing but later be seen as another.

I'm saying that people mislabeled them as something that they clearly weren't, and I provided valid reasons why they were not.

This has nothing to do with Atheist or technical death metal, nor is it a relevant example of anything related to that conversation, so please get the fuck on topic and stop grasping at straws. You're so painfully wrong that it's embarrassing to me that a member of the same species as myself could be so totally and ridiculously clueless about something so obvious and easy to understand.

There are actually people that consider Led Zeppelin a Heavy Metal band. ha

had no idea

interesting

I'm saying that people mislabeled them as something that they clearly weren't, and I provided valid reasons why they were not.
Because heavy metal was clearly defined back then...

This has nothing to do with Atheist or technical death metal, nor is it a relevant example of anything related to that conversation, so please get the fuck on topic and stop grasping at straws. You're so painfully wrong that it's embarrassing to me that a member of the same species as myself could be so totally and ridiculously clueless about something so obvious and easy to understand.
My point is that Atheist might have helped to found technical death metal, just as Zeppelin had a major influence on metal, but that doesn't necessarily make them tech death. Would you please stop being such a colossal cunt?

How is Atheist no longer a technical death metal band? Explain if you can. They're clearly a band that played death metal focused on highly technically complex musical structures, or technical death metal. Nothing that you can say, and no music that came after this, can change that. I'll stop being a colossal cunt when you stop being a colossal ignoramus.

death metal focused on highly technically complex musical structures
Of course, the label of progressive death metal would also cover this. What I'm saying is that they should be considered progressive death because tech death has come to refer to stuff like Decrepit Birth, etc.

Of course, the label of progressive death metal would also cover this. What I'm saying is that they should be considered progressive death because tech death has come to refer to stuff like Decrepit Birth, etc.

Progressive music is not about being exceedingly technically complex, so no. In fact, much of progressive music is not very technical in any fashion. Progressive music has a specific type of song structures as well.

This is all well and good, but how isn't Atheist a technical death metal band?

Progressive music has a specific type of song structures as well.
:lol:
That kinda defies the point of being progressive tbh.

Also, Atheist's music is in no way about technicality.