Have metalcore and deathcore gone beyond death metal?

Ah, yes, the classic "I was drunk" excuse.

Whether you believe the truth or not does not concern me in the slightest. Like I said in another thread earlier, I studied English literature as my major at university, and I certainly wouldn't use such ridiculous gibberish phrases if I was sober, in fact I barely even remember making that post at all :lol:

Ok I was on board this for a while, but it's not like anyone's actually going to change their minds. So this is stupid.

Whether you believe the truth or not does not concern me in the slightest. Like I said in another thread earlier, I studied English literature as my major at university, and I certainly wouldn't use such ridiculous gibberish phrases if I was sober, in fact I barely even remember making that post at all :lol:

Hmm.... I don't know... It seemed like a regular post from you. :lol:

alright, so is it just me or does anyone else not hear hardcore in a good percent of metalcore bands? I mean, bands like Converge I can hear the hardcore influence, but not bands like Killswitch Engage, or other shit

Also-not-everyone-in-this-thread-has-hated-metalcore-or-deathcore-and-my-circumference-of-listening-.jpg

It's like every time I take a leave of absence from these boards the trolls rotate and depreciate in entertainment value. First there was Rabid Headbanger, who could bring a few lulz. Then there was JG...I don't think I need to continue with that one. And now this NN character. Guys, if you feed the trolls they will start making themselves at home....kinda like stray dogs with the mange.

Yeah, well it's also OK to be aware of what you like and don't like but god forbid, that would be "elitism."

Alright guys I figured I'd hop on in and make a post typical of myself.

I busted a gut laughing at this. Uncontrollable tears of laughter poured down my face and into my mouth, and I was so surprised that I choked on them, which made me laugh even harder. Then you followed it with this:

And all my laughter was gone at that point, so I just smirked a little and carried on.

Also, thank you to whatshisface for reminding me to get back into The Red Chord. They are a quality act.

The argument in this thread is fucking circular.

You know, it is possible to be selective and nitpicky in what you like out of metal and also be very open-minded towards other genres of music. In other words, I don't hate non-metal, I hate bad "metal".

Oh yeah, there's also nothing wrong with being closed-minded. It's fucking music taste. Have opinions.