difference between melodeath and metalcore

I don't think Iced Earth nor Amon Amarth are Melodic Death Metal.

Amon Amarth sounds more in the relm of Viking Metal.

Iced Earth sounds like a combination of old Heavy Metal and Power Metal combined.

Just my thoughts.

norther is considered melodeath, but their clean vocals are somewhat like that... the main band that threw me off was fear my thoughts

No, please direct me to it. But what I mean is that "punk" is now full of melodys and are the farthest thing from what the sex pistols and dead kennedys and other orginal punk bands where much earlyer.

real punk has nothing to do with melody whatsoever. you have to look harder.

i dont care i listen to both so whatever

if i like the music i dont give a shit what genre it's in.

I hate melodeath, but I like a lot of metalcore. I can't stand cheesy melodic metalcore though, and obviously this is the stuff that would be compared to melodeath.

I don't like either genre though there's a little bit of melo-death I like. Metalcore I have yet to hear anything remotely interesting. I loathe it.

I know I'm getting a bit tired of hardcore vocals altogether - even post-punk vocals (one of my favorite genres) is starting to get old...

...except Cult of Luna - they will never get old.
whats wrong with Punk?

early Sunlight Studios death metal and English/American grindcore is influenced by it. same with a lot of necro black metal.
Yeah. The second side of 'My War' was the creation of sludge, as well as the influence of countless other genre-defying bands (Neurosis, Melvins, etc.)

I know I'm getting a bit tired of hardcore vocals altogether - even post-punk vocals (one of my favorite genres) is starting to get old...

...except Cult of Luna - they will never get old.
Yeah. The second side of 'My War' was the creation of sludge, as well as the influence of countless other genre-defying bands (Neurosis, Melvins, etc.)

Post-Punk is not cult of luna. Interpol, Jot divison and the cure all are post-punk. there is no real vocal style.

check out some Discharge and Skitsystem. you will thank me later.

I am liking discharge but can you send me some skitsystem.

Both suck ass for the most part. Metalcore just sucks far more ass in general than Gothenburg.

Metalcore and melodic death metal sound nothing alike. I do not even understand why this thread was really even taken this serious.