Have metalcore and deathcore gone beyond death metal?

All of you shut the fuck up, this whole thread is fucking retarded. your all butthurt fags, metalcore is just fucking music, erryone chill the fuck out.
its JUST MUSIC. it doesnt fucking rape your wife or slash your tires or do anything except entertain people. jeez people need to take fucking e-ritalin or some shit.

Fixed, because what you wrote is completely wrong.

No, I quite like Amon Amarth. They aren't death metal though. The riffing style is melodeath in origin, and everything else is built around choruses. It's good, catchy, fun, and highly consistent, but I couldn't call it death metal.

Well you said that death metal was never considered to be trendy or false etc. But in the early 90s in particular many people felt that it was. Mostly those part of the second wave black metal scene, as that was partially a reaction to the early 90s death metal scene.

News to me.

All of you shut the fuck up, this whole thread is fucking retarded. your all butthurt fags, metalcore is just fucking music, erryone chill the fuck out.
its JUST MUSIC. it doesnt fucking rape your wife or slash your tires or do anything except entertain people. jeez people need to take fucking e-ritalin or some shit.

Ironically, you have the most sand in your vagina that this thread has seen so far.

True, but these threads don't come along often. What I'm trying to say is that you could find an entire forum to discuss the music you like.

Not only that, but everyone is hating on metalcore and deathcore in this thread. Not much of a "discussion."

You're assuming that I'm weak-minded enough to be swayed by small-minded peer pressure and bigotry, which is somewhat amusing. Also, not everyone in this thread has hated metalcore or deathcore, and my circumference of listening isn't by any means limited to these genres either.

Alright guys I figured I'd hop on in and make a post typical of myself.

I busted a gut laughing at this. Uncontrollable tears of laughter poured down my face and into my mouth, and I was so surprised that I choked on them, which made me laugh even harder. Then you followed it with this:

And all my laughter was gone at that point, so I just smirked a little and carried on.

Also, thank you to whatshisface for reminding me to get back into The Red Chord. They are a quality act.

The argument in this thread is fucking circular.

Fuck Copy/Paste DM.

Death Metal is REAL. All the people rotting the sameway in nothingess at the local cemetery. Equal in Death.

No, I quite like Amon Amarth. They aren't death metal though. The riffing style is melodeath in origin, and everything else is built around choruses. It's good, catchy, fun, and highly consistent, but I couldn't call it death metal.

Listen to the first 6 econds of each song..

Last edited by a moderator:
News to me.

A lot of it was death metal's growing popularity and exposure coupled with the whole death metal image taking shape. Not to mention, producers like Scott Burns were despised for making clean sounding albums that utilized more compression. They felt it was a betrayal to "real" metal of the 80s and so that is why many black metal bands abandoned their more or less death metal sound, for one more akin to mid 80s extreme metal.

Obviously, black metal would suffer a similar fate of trends, exposure etc.

THIS. I've been trying to explain this for eternity on this forum. My posts got deleted because I was comparing AA to country, but that doesn't change anything. They are fun and catchy and perhaps good, but they somewhat forgot the main aspect of death metal which is being evil and swapped it with major guitar melodies based on three chords (hence the country reference).

ALSO: lol at Xorv trying to prove anything by comparing first 6 seconds of the songs.

THIS. I've been trying to explain this for eternity on this forum. My posts got deleted because I was comparing AA to country, but that doesn't change anything. They are fun and catchy and perhaps good, but they somewhat forgot the main aspect of death metal which is being evil and swapped it with major guitar melodies based on three chords (hence the country reference).

ALSO: lol at Xorv trying to prove anything by comparing first 6 seconds of the songs.

Glad someone agrees. Personally I don't think 99% of shit called "Melodic Death Metal" are Death Metal in any way.