Metalcore mix, good or bad?

I think the previous sounded better honestly. The guitars sound too scooped now, almost phasey, and the bass has too much "clack" in it and not much top. The 2nd/3rd to last one sounded really full and thick.

@JayB, you were right, vocals were too loud. I don't use anything special for the snare reverb: some snare plate and some overall room reverb for the whole drum bus (except kick). I'll listen to you mix later :)

@UnownLegendary: yes I tried the pitched down vocal trick, but it's very low in the mix so I'm not sure if you really heard it ;)
For the vocals I will record another track for the center in the next session, to beef them up even more.
In the chorus of the song there will be gangshouts in the backround (parkway drive - home is for the heartless, if you know what I mean).

Anyway, here's my newest version. More definition in the lowend, better vocal EQ and some other stuff I forgot :)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16585626/ATM - 02 - A MX8.mp3

Let me know what you think :)

IMHO this was the best mix listed, so far.

So if anyone is interested here's the final result. Check out the band Awake The Mutes and their highly professional music video ;) The whole EP is gonna be available for free soon.
Make sure to watch in 1080p :)

Last edited by a moderator: