Metalcore - Post-Hardcore band I produced (Axe-Fx Ultra, ESP, Toontrack, Slate)

Teddyboy

Oct 6, 2008
Athens,Greece
www.facebook.com
Here's the videoclip of the new South Korea In Vegas single "Kill The Messenger" I recently produced. I hope you like it. Feel free to ask anything you want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes and can you tell us something more about the guitars and vocals into the mix?
it's very very clear and great sounding

Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you like it!!

For vocals I used pretty standard things... Shure SM7b ->DeEsser->Waves SSL for compression and slight eq (small cuts at 400hz and 2khz and a boost at 8khz)
Both clean and brutal vocals are sent to reverb and delay buses.
Each type of vocals had its own bus with different settings for each effect
I used RVerb.

For guitars, I used my ESP Eclipse 81-60 into Axe-Fx Ultra, with "Recto New" amp and "Cali" cab with very little eq in reaper...
I used Equality for some notches to clear some wild nasty frequencies and a boost in the highs..and that's it!!

The sound was there from the beginning for both vocals and guitars

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask

how much time did you spend on editing ? (all together)

To be honest, I can't really tell, because first of all I try to record really tight performances and then I try to do pretty basic and quick editing while finishing the takes, so when the recordings are done, the only real editing I have to do is to make thing a bit more "robotic" if needed. Clean vocals were tuned by Jeff who did really good job

Hi dude! great mix!
What is the drum? ssd kick 10 & snare 21???
Guitars is QUADTRACK??
what about BASS? =)
You use REAPER??
can you post di`s? pleeease =[

Thanks my friend!!!

Tomorrow I'll check the project and tell what samples I used, but kick is definitely not slate kick10.
Guitars are double tracked. For bass I used my Warwick Corvette into Axe-fx.
The whole project was done in Reaper. Still using Reaper 3, because I'm so comfortable with the "pro-tools edition" Adam did,that I'm afraid to move to 4.
I'll ask the band and if they're fine with it, I'll upload the files

Vox sound great man quick question: what preamp did you use on the sm7b? Also did you flip any eq on the back of the mic such as the presence boost?