Metalcore & Postrock, may post stems!

muppfel

Dec 24, 2010
germany
I was bored the last few days, so i quickly recorded this one. No real bass here, just a pitched guitar. Opinios are greatly appreciated :) I can post stems if you want me to!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the song, but not fond of the mix. lol. Yeah throw up the stems, I'd be interested in having a go at this!

Nice job. The snare is kinda weird sounding so try this...boost at 200, take away some at 800 and boost around 2-3 khz . I think the bass is a tad to loud but overall a sick job!!:D

Dude please start a band or record more songs. This is better than 95% of the shitty metalcore out there.

Haha, I was high as fuck but this song is jammin. It has that sound I like. Very reminiscent of misery signals. You really should record some more and post stems!

This was a fun one to mix! Some elements were a bit hard to mix, but still a little challenge. And i like the result :)

Very proud of that snare actually, tried something different and that worked out very good. Mix is not really perfect, but it's a first shot anyway.

Song fades out earlier then it should be, something went wrong with bouncing, and i didn't feel like doing it again ;) Enjoy it!

Thanks a bunch! Well it's not really one kick sample. It's a mixture of Slate and LSD kicks. I think i used the Slate for the low-end part and the LSD ones for the smack. From my head i used a Waves CLA-3A compressor on that, EQ not really sure. And a little bit of Decapitator on kick and snare as well. I think i mixed it 40/60 to get it a little more in your face (but not overbearing)

As far as guitars go, i used LePou's Lecto on the rhythm guitars and HyBrit for cleans and leads. Think i used a TS as well because the guitars needed a shitload of gain to sound at least a bit powerful (especially on the palmmute's) and i think everything went into Greg's Asem Impulse.

Could post some settings if you like?

That Bass sounds like the clean track, is there any processing? :D

This was a fun one to mix! Some elements were a bit hard to mix, but still a little challenge. And i like the result :)

Very proud of that snare actually, tried something different and that worked out very good. Mix is not really perfect, but it's a first shot anyway.
I like it, too! but sounds a bit too dry for me and you have some drum-mapping issues :D

<br> Alright i did a quick mix of it. Feedback, i know its not tooo great :rofl: i'd like to get some criticism :D Btw, i am away of the quick second mess up in the beginning XD