Metallica as Cunts Of The Month

It's always good to see that someone other than dyed in the wool Anthrax fans recognize Charlies badassness on the drums. The guy could have just as easily said "Lombardo," "Paul," or "Cavalera," but I think his point was that Charlie really is metals premier drummer, even if Anthrax are lucky to sell 100,000 copies of a record anymore. I really think that the true legacy of Anthrax is the brilliance of one Charlie Benante, he does EVERYTHING for this band. I'd rather 20 years from now when people mention Anthrax say "yeah, that Charlie was bad ass," rather than "yeah, they invented rap metal and wore jams."

Aaaahh, I´m sick of this endless ripping on Metallica already. They might not be excellent instrumentalists and they might care about money more than about the music but I´ll always stand for my opinion that they can put together a fuckin´ good show and write very good songs.

The first time I saw METALLICA they put on an excellent show... the last time I saw them was for the Load tour and they were horrible. They messed up all the old songs and played a very short set.

I'm going to continue to rip on Metallica until the band members die. They sold out, not because they cut their hair but because you can't compare Load or Reload to Master of Puppets. Lars is a whiney little bitch.

To the people who think Lars is a shitty drummer.... do you know how to play the drums??? Have you ever read music and understood it??? If not, then fuck off and don't bother trying to rip off Lars Ulrich. Lars wanted to do more simplistic drumming because he wanted to try different things. Do you have a fucking problem with that! He's in Metallica not you! And as for that website where they said that Metallica sold out. How I get tired of that immaturity all the damn time. You people never stop do you. Metallica did so much for metal and as soon as they tried something different after fifteen fucking years of doing thrash you cry like babies and want to rip them to shreds. Give them a break.

So, from what I read about most of the people who hate Metallica now is this: 1.changing is a bad thing, bands must do the same fucking thing over and over!! 2. When a band does a song not relating to 1000 points of hate or violence or war or whatever, it doesn't interest so called "metalheads". 3 Bands who express different emotions are fags. 4. If I am a "metalhead" I will love drummers who smack the drums as hard as they can and can't really play them. They look cool when they hit them that hard so that's why I don't like Tears for Fears. Metal drummers need not be able to play a groove and stick to it. NO NO NO all they have to do is beat the crap out of their instrument instead of playing it!!
Every now and then they must play a fast fill and then as a "metalhead" I can say the drummer is good.

Do you people play the drums, do you fuck!!!
I played the drums for years and us real drummers know the difference between cheap gimmicks and real drumming.
You people would probably say that the Dave Matthews Band are a bunch of fags!! Never realising that they are some of the best musicians alive. You people will never understand Tool because any band that does anything different is not cool right?? Not metal huh?

Well, up yours. :mad:

Dave Matthews Band is one of my favorite bands, and there is a beat in AEnima from Tool that is so kick ass. It is a off beat lick and anybody who plays drums good or not would have to say it is cool. I love lot of different bands, and If I ever made a list of my favorite bands, it would be very diverse. Everyone likes to rip on Metallica because they to such a big change in direction. Megadeth did the same thing, and hell to a point so did Anthrax.

P.S. A short list of some of the bands that I think are great
Anthrax
Rush
Dream Theater
Dave Matthews Band
Tool
Kenny Wayne Shepard

Well this is a short list but as you can see, very diverse. I like bands because they sound good, not who they are.

Thank you one man stands! You don't have to like the same things that I like at all but I think it's appropriate not to make fun of Lars just because his drumming is different now. You should out the drumming on Lateralus by Danny Carey of Tool, He's unstoppable! And Danny has a better work ethic than most other rock/metal drummers. Danny is in a great mindset, he is creative and thinks carefully about life and of course drumming and he doesn't take drugs. This is another good thing about Anthrax they don't rely on drugs. I'd rather have Anthrax sober or drug free on stage than be totally recked out of their brackets and not be able to play properly.
Once again thanks one man stands for hearing me out.

@RINGFINGER: "They tried something different after fifteen fucking years of doing Thrash"

The last time Metallica have played Thrash was in '89. So they didn't play Thrash for 15 years, only for 8 years. With "Ride The Lightning" in 1984 they tried something different already only 2 1/2 years after the band was founded, think about "Fade To Black". They were successful from the beginning, not because they were so good, the reason was that Lars knew the right people, Brian Slagel, Johnny Z.

I love and will always love Metallica's music but i think that Lars is a little bitch. Charlie's drumming is much better than Lars'. I think that Lars is an average drummer but on "...And Justice For All" he shows what he is able to do on the drums. "...And Justice For All" is my favorite Metallica-Album. It has Lars' best drumming ever and James' best vocals ever on it. I also like the guitar-sound and the solos. A great record!!!

My favorite drummers are (and i'm sure they belong to the best):

1) Charlie Benante (Anthrax & S.O.D.)
2) Ted Kirkpatrick (Tourniquet)
3) Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
4) Igor Cavalera (Sepultura)
5) Glenn Evans (Nuclear Assault)

Piece!
Thrashard

Thrashard do you play the drums??

How can you say James's vocals were good on that album?? His singing was so monotonous on that disc man. His best singing was on Load, but that doesn't mean that I like Load the best.
Master of Puppets was the best Metallica album.
I think you like Justice the best because it was really heavy right?

And yes Charlie is a great drummer!

Ringfinger- I don't think people take umbrage with Metallica so much because they change, but because they changed into the type of band they used to slag early in their career. I can remember many interviews where they put down bands that wrote ballads, made videos, and put out radio-friendly, corporate
music. Now they ARE a corporation. They didn't sell out because they tried something different, they sold out thier ideals and lost a great deal of integrety in the eyes of fans that held those same ideals.

On a personal note, I don't think I would like Load or Reload no matter what band put them out, I think Dave Matthews kicks ass, and Tool continues to be one of the most interesting bands around. But that's just my opinion....

j

RINGFINGER- can I sign under your post, too? :)
ONE MAN STANDS - all the bands you mentioned kick ass especially Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band.
Danny Carey, BTW, is one of the best drummers I´ve seen live-if not the best.
And yes, I am a drummer. Peace.

Amard.....you are correct Sir!!!

Tears for Fears used alot of different drummers for various albums ranging from the obscure but incredible Manu Katche to Phil Collins. The drumming by Manu on "Year of the Knife" and and the intro to "Badman's Song" are awesome. Also the off time shuffle beat on "Everybody want to Rule the World" doesn't sound like it but there is alot going on there......strangely off time.

Concerning Lars......I don't think he is the most physically gifted drummer ever, but I think he is incredibly smart about putting a drum beat into a song. He uses what he has very well. Other drummers are more talented, Charlie being at the top of that heap when he chooses to show it, but you can't tell me that the guy who did the drumming for "Battery", "Disposable Heroes" and "Dyer's Eve" doesn't have some freakin talent!!!

I hope Charlie puts an emphasis back on his drumming for the next release.....Speed baby......I want some Speed!!!