Metallica as Cunts Of The Month

RINGFINGER (douchebag) saidd what?
To the people who think Lars is a shitty drummer.... do you know how to play the drums???

Since when did knowing how to play drums be a prerequisite for judging drumming ability? All I have to do to judge is listen to the fucking music. I know that Charile is good because I have heard his stuff. I know Lars is not as good because I have heard his stuff. End of discussion.

FatDrunkandStupid don't be so ard on yourself by calling yourself fat, drunk and stupid!
Actually I was referring to how people who don't know anything about the drumset rip off a drummer when they think they know what their talking about. It's called ignorance dude.

JohnnyCzech- Am I allowed to reply under your post?? :) You rock man!! You always have kick ass things to say!! Czech peple will prevail! :)

FatDrunkandStupid don't be so hard on yourself by calling yourself fat, drunk and stupid!
Actually I was referring to how people who don't know anything about the drumset rip off a drummer when they think they know what their talking about. It's called ignorance dude.

JohnnyCzech- Am I allowed to reply under your post?? :) You rock man!! You always have kick ass things to say!! Czech peple will prevail! :)

Amard- What's up, I asked you something a long time ago but I think you didn't see it. I wanted to know if you had Raoul and the kings of Spain by Tears for Fears. I just recently got it and unfortunately it's not up to the regular high standard of TFF. It was released in 1995 and was done by Roland Orzabal with no help from Curt Smith, who left the band remember? I don't know why Kings of Spain is so bad because Roland wrote most of the material for the earlier albums and Curt Smith hardly added much to the music. Maybe Roland is geting enough, do you have any ideas?? By the way there is a new TFF albumin the works with oland and Curt working together. Yup I can't believe it either, it's been too long!

Cheers Ringfinger & Amoured Thrax.

Well, I do have all of TFF's release with Seed of Love & Elemental being my fav for 2 different era.

Regarding Raoul & the king of Spain, you're right ,it is not up to Roland's standard of writing. Raoul sounded uninspired, well, Roland said it himself. He said in a recent interview that he had enough of trying to fulfill the TFF trade mark of music, & Raoul seems to be the stopping point.

But then, Raoul is not that bad. Maybe it lacks the balance Curt use to bring. If u really want to know what Roland Orzabal is all about check out his solo effort ,Tomcat Screaming , it got loud guitar, thumping bass loops, rave beats, samplings & all sorts of weird stuffs. I enjoyed it.

I've heard bout the new project also, can't wait for it to happen. If it happens that is.

RINGFINGER, thanx man, stay cool! As for our people... have you heard the news from abroad? I mean our shitty election? That sucked ass!

I happen to like "Raoul and the Kings of Spain". The guitar intro and emotion behind "Sketches of Pain" is chilling and "Me and My Big Ideas" is almost a biography of my life. I didn't know they were working on something new.....that is great news. Any idea on a release date.

By the way, I snagged the song "Tears Roll Down" off of Morpheus a little while back......Great Song!!!

The new TFF album will be apparently coming out in 2003. That's too long for me. Damn.
Raoul and the kings was a bland album and I hated the mix. Everything sonded toned down on that record as if Roland was afraid of being weird or something. The drumming was'nt that great either. I think one of the biggest reasons why Raouls wasn't that good is because there weren't many hugely talented session musicians hired for Raoul. On sowing the seeds there was a bigger production, better mix and there was one thing that was so much better on that album. THE SINGING! What happened to Roland's passionate voice, is he not interested in singing anymore or something. His singing on Raoul was unfortunately for me quite bland and uninspiring. I think I already heard some of Tomcats screaming outside, has it got the song kill love on it??If it does then I've heard that song off the album, it sounded so much better and way more professional than anything on Raoul. Have you folks seen the review that launch.com gave to Raoul. Oh shit, I think they didn't lke it, or should I say.... the person who reviewed it. TFF is magic and TFF know their way better than to release dross like Raoul.

Metallica... great music early on, moderate later on, and I think Lars has some pretty good ideas for the drum tracks, though some may be quite simple stuff (and i play some drums so I hope I have the right to say that). And it's nice to see some of the bands mentioned in here that have been. And to add to the drummers lists for favs from up higher in the posts (in no order) -
Ted Kirkpatrick
Mike Portnoy!!
Danny Carrey
Neil Peart

Although Lars uses simple ideas I don't think there's anything wrong with taking something simple and making it sound great! Just listen to the riff on "crush", my friend says it's pretty simple to play but it's a beautiful riff if I say so myself.
Darknoise- You can say whatever you want on this board and I have fuck all say in it. You can say whatever my man :). It's just that when people have these stupid comments about drumming and don't know the difference between their asses and their elbows it bothers me. Once again, I don't govern this board and am lucky enogh to have the same freedom on this board that you guys have on here too, nothing more, nothing less.

Ok RINGER, here's the deal-Lars is a horrible, horrible drummer. And yes, i do play drums and have for several years. I can honestly say that Lars sucks ass. Not because he simplified his beats and doesn't do a billion fuckin fills in one bar of music (even back in the glory days, he sucked), but because he has NO feel, NO groove, and plays like a dead FUCKING WEIGHT! he's an awkward, shitty, ham-fisted dickweed. Charlie is a seasoned fucking pro. you claim you're some kinda drum expert? then you should be able to spot the difference in a heartbeat. and as far as metallica go-they are a fucking joke now and haev been since the black album. because they changed? no-becuase they changed into the WORST fucking band EVER!!! enter sandman? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!? sounds like it was written by a 10 year old. it's all downhill from there. even justice is pretty shitty. awful production and a noticable decline in songwriting from puppets. but hey, killing joke radically altered their music back in the 80s, and it was cool. girls against boys did it, and it was cool. faith no more did it, and it was cool. mr. bungle did it, and it was cool. the melvins ALWAYS do it, and it's always cool. see my point? it's not that they CHANGED. all bands change. it's what they changed into. you honestly think shit like enter sandman and fuel is good? then fuck, there's nothing i can do for you, is there? just know that it's got nothing to do with feeling betrayed about them turning their back on thrash, them selling out, cutting their hair, or whatever. it's simply a matter of calling a spade a spade. THE MUSIC IS SHIT!!!!!! AND LARS SUCKS!!!!! AND I HATE DAVE MATTHEWS!!!! AND I'M THE REASON WHY YOUR LIFE DIDN'T PAN OUT THE WAY YOU THOUGHT IT ALWAYS WOULD!!!!

You may hate Dave Mathews, Mr. Drummer Boy "Tweek"..........but I guarantee you can't even sniff the balls of his drummer, Carter Beauford, when it comes to talent....or FEEL......or GROOVE.

Not that I disagree with your assessment of Metallica......but no reason to get all shitty at the end of your rant.

obviously a good drummer-plays like a studio hack. booooring! not to mention the fact that that his band SUCKS!!!! if the music is garbage, who cares how good the drumming is? that's the problem with 99% of all drummers-they're only into drums. that's why i take serious offence to being called one by you. now who's being shitty??!?

I don't claim I'm a drumming expert I just know that you and me should know more about about drumming than people who don't . I mean, isn't that pretty obvious?? HotflamedJJ2 will know more about guitar than me also because he plays the guitar and studies it, I don't. It makes perfect sense. And Tweek you're new here it seems, are you gonna be an asshole to everyone else like this?? Come on give respect to others and we will give it right back I promise you!! Enter Sandman is great and hit the charts all over, I bet you're gonna reply with " it just topped the charts because it was commercial". Dude don't even bother I've heard it all before, how come Crush by Megadeth didn't do half as well even though Crush was commercial too. Enter Sandman made people who listen to Vanilla Ice wake up and start lisening to good music. How can you say Enter Sandman was not good?? You are out of your damn bracket! The Black Album is a classic because it really is good.
:cool:

First of all I don't play drums but I've played bass for 2 years now and I've been raised by two band directors one of which was an all state percusionist. I have now quarrel with lars's drumming in the past but it does seem like he got a little lazy on Load and Reload. However everybody that wants to complain about his drumming, especially on the first four albums(black was alright but a step back from Justice in every way) , should just back off of him however I do think they sold out especially with this recent development. By that I mean doing a song with JA RULE, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??!!? that is compleltly against everything they used to stand for(which would be writing songs that mean something and discriminating against commercial metal like rap rock) that is betraying their fans. I do personally like charlie's style better, but I think noone here is in any position to critisize any drummer of the caliber that charlie and lars are

ok, first of all, let's get of the drumming thing, but i'll end it with this-lars and charlie are in completely different leagues, and that is a FACT. charlie is the fuckin MAN. master of all genres. lars.....is not. as far as enter sandman goes-dude, if you gauge a songs worth by how it does on the charts, then that would make creed and n*sync pretty musically important. dude, the way a song sounds has absolutely NOTHING to do with how it does on the charts. whether it's good, shitty, commercial or not. that's the last thing that factors in. you practically said so yourself. the same people who were listening to vanilla ice suddenly became metallica fans. that's because people whose taste in music is based on what's on the radio and mtv is that because they need to be told what to listen to. how else could you account for creed's popularity? but whatever. i think the black album is a horrid depressing piece of shit and the ultimate act of musical treason but hey, that's my problem. millions of people can't be wrong, right? (not trying to be an asshole, we're just bullshitting here c'mooooon!)

Tweek, thanks for clearing up that we're not fighting on here at all!! Thanks, dude and welcome to the board! :)
OK and now that that is said, let's move on to what you've just said.
It sounds like you think that I think the Black is a strong album just because it sold well. NO. The Black album is good for the simple fact that it is good. Yes I know Lars did'nt do huge fills and stuff on Black and that made people who don't understand that sort of thing turn off and start to rip off Meatllica. And yes I do think the thing with Ja Rule is totally pathetic, fuck, what the hell is Metalica thinking. If that Ja Rule track sounds anything like nu-metal and does'nt have a hint of originality in it then stuff Metallica. Then they are sell outs if they do something as low as that. Until then let's just wait and see.
It's cool that you like Charlie's drumming, I dig him too. Which album do you think has Charlie's best drumming? I did'nt like some of his older work where he'd just be hitting the snare and hi-hat on every quarter note and sixteenths on the double bass all the time. I mean, it sounded powerful, but if you do it on every song it sounds pretty boring after a while. By the way the mix was so unfair for Charlie on SOWN, I mean you could'nt even hear the toms that well and just the whole album had a bad mix. But if you listen carefully you'll realise that the drumming on SOWN was actually something special!
Cheers!

my favourite albums for charlie's drumming are actually the 2 SOD albums (speak english or die and bigger than the devil). a good mix of the faster than light stuff and heavy ass grooves. that, and the albums kick ass as well, so it's not just all about the drums, it's the whole package. as far as anthrax albums on the whole go, it's persistence of time all the way.

I seem to have been a bit misinterpreted. I liked some of the stuff off of black but not much of the commercial stuff off of it. My favorite songs off of black are holier than thou, my friend of misery and struggle within. I think most of the good selling things off of it are lazy, like enter sandman and sad but true which each take about five minutes to learn on bass. I liked the stuff off black that had real depth, musically and lyrically, I am well aware that just because something is popular it doesn't mean that its good. About the only band that makes new stuff these days that I like is Children of Bodom(who has probably never been played on radio and is one of the most talented bands ever) oh yeah them and slayer and testament. Charlie is excellent but you can't sell Lars's ability short either. AS far as my favorite CD of charlies drum work, I liked all the old stuff with the sixteenths on the double bass, I thought that gave all the songs a whole hell of a lot of momentum and made it exciting. My favorite anthrax album would have to be persistance of time, although SOWN is probably my second favorite.