Metallica debut new song!!!

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
Hyperventilating, hyperventilating...

OH MY GOD.

http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53342

------------------

METALLICA premiered a brand new song during their headlining appearance Tuesday (June 6) at Waldbuhne in Berlin, Germany. According to several fans that attended the gig, the as-yet-untitled track is about eight minutes long with a "killer main riff" and "lots of double-bass parts."

As on the first two dates on the band's current "Escape From The Studio '06" tour, METALLICA played their entire 1986 album, "Master of Puppets", at the show, including rarely performed tracks such as "Orion" and "Disposable Heroes". The concert's second encore also featured a rendition of the RAMONES classic "Commando", with members of support band AVENGED SEVENFOLD joining in on vocals.

The group's setlist for the Berlin show was as follows:

01. Motorbreath
02. Fuel
03. Wherever I May Roam
04. (Untitled New Song)
05. The Unforgiven
06. Battery
07. Master of Puppets
08. The Thing That Should Not Be
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. Disposable Heroes
11. Leper Messiah
12. Orion
13. Damage, Inc.
- - - -
14. Sad But True
15. Nothing Else Matters
16. One
17. Enter Sandman
- - - -
18. Commando (RAMONES cover; with AVENGED SEVENFOLD on vocals)
19. Seek and Destroy

-------------------------------

OH MAN I NEED TO FIND AUDIO NOW.

NOW.

COMMENT | .
posted by : Germaniac
6/6/2006 7:55:10 PM

A guy in my forum, who visited the berlin-gig just wrote this describtion of the "New Song", and generously I just translated it so you all can get a glimpse of it:

"For all you who are afraid that it might sound like something from St.Anger: this song had more riffs than the whole last album. It was diversified, had solos (guitar lead and bass solo) and great vocals.

The songwriting goes into the same direction as Master Of Puppets, or maybe further. Finally we've got some real Metal Riffs, no blues-parts, and then everything is very interlaced like in "And Justice For All"-times.

In think, the song was pretty long (6-7 minutes) but with a lot of breaks and killer riffs.

But most notably it was very diversified.
I'll have to listen to it again, because it wasn't really a catchy tune. "

-----------------------------

/me faints

Celestial-Todd said:
I remember the positive reviews when they debuted the St Anger songs live.....

that's what i was about to say.

Every time they start working on an album, people start talking about how it's gonna be back to their old style. Then there's all these reports from people who've alledgedly heard a song saying how great it is, just like their old style.

And when's the last time they actually came through with the goods?

The Orion acoustic thing is done by some spanish brother and sister guitar duo thing.

Also, the one thing you're forgetting is that Metallica have never said they've gone back to the old style of music, or that they've returned to their roots. People have. People spread things like that. Whether you like Metallica or not, you can't call them liars. They have said that they have gone back to the old style of writing, in the way they go about composing the songs, but not musically.

Judge on what you hear, not on what people have said.

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT.

OH MY GOID.

asldkfjasodfijasd

fuck. I can't contain my fucking self right now.

I am trying to be objectiv.e.. I cna't telll if its the fanboy in me right now.

BUT FUCK

BUTTFUCK.

OH holy fuck shit shit SHIT SHIT holy fuck...

pants gone new pants pants gone new pants shit shit shit pants gone new pants shit pants ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGHGHGH.

This is one of the best things I have ever heard.

I've only found 2 clips so far - not the best quality, but you can hear what is going on and I have shat my pants beyond definition.

THIS IS IT FUCKERS. HOLY FUCk. I mean eriouslsauydf;oiasduf seriously.

HOLY FUCK FUCK FUCK. Well welwelwel OAAARRRGGHGh.

Okay, well here are the links to them:

clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb699wy-cnQ
clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADP_eDAuhg

Clip 1 is awesome... great big riff, nice structure, good vocal melodies and I really dig what appears to be the chorus...

but Clip 2 is where it's at. I mean I am not exaggerating when I say that it sounds like it could fit on Puppets... the solo is BRILLIANT fitting in with the amazing AMAZING beautifully AMAZING chord progression underneath... and then kicks in that fucking AMAZING thrashy riff afterwards. OH SHIT.

I have fucking died and gone to fucking heaven.

This is it feelas.

This is it.

ceydn said:
HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT.

OH MY GOID.

asldkfjasodfijasd

fuck. I can't contain my fucking self right now.

I am trying to be objectiv.e.. I cna't telll if its the fanboy in me right now.

BUT FUCK

BUTTFUCK.

OH holy fuck shit shit SHIT SHIT holy fuck...

pants gone new pants pants gone new pants shit shit shit pants gone new pants shit pants ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGHGHGH.

This is one of the best things I have ever heard.

I've only found 2 clips so far - not the best quality, but you can hear what is going on and I have shat my pants beyond definition.

THIS IS IT FUCKERS. HOLY FUCk. I mean eriouslsauydf;oiasduf seriously.

HOLY FUCK FUCK FUCK. Well welwelwel OAAARRRGGHGh.

Okay, well here are the links to them:

clip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb699wy-cnQ
clip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADP_eDAuhg

Clip 1 is awesome... great big riff, nice structure, good vocal melodies and I really dig what appears to be the chorus...

but Clip 2 is where it's at. I mean I am not exaggerating when I say that it sounds like it could fit on Puppets... the solo is BRILLIANT fitting in with the amazing AMAZING beautifully AMAZING chord progression underneath... and then kicks in that fucking AMAZING thrashy riff afterwards. OH SHIT.

I have fucking died and gone to fucking heaven.

This is it feelas.

This is it.

Best post ever!

:headbang:

The first part didn't really wind my clock at all. It sounded like a cross between the nu-ish crap on Stanger and one of the filler tracks from the Loads. But the other section was pretty fucking decent! It will be interesting to hear how the two sections fit together.

Sounds a bit meh to me, but I stopped listening to Metallica after Load.. *runs for cover*