Metallica "Frantic" sample

Metallic-Orporate
06 May 2003 And this month sahll be henceforth known as MaytallicaTM. The following was printed in the San Francisco Bay Guardian on April 30th:

"We all know Metallica take copyright violations as seriously as they do their love of Raider Nation, but Napster's archenemies are going to have to start picking and choosing their court battles more carefully or risk turning everyone against them. Metallica's latest brush with the world of cease and desist is actually pretty hair-brained. It seems June 10 is the launch date for their longtime-coming eighth studio album, 'St. Anger'. So the boys, allegedly, thought a fine way to hype the disc and generate free radio publicity in the weeks leading to the hallowed day would be for rock stations to decree the month of May 'Maytallica.'

"But having the privilege to use such a high-larious audience grabber doesn't come without its restrictions. The San Leandro boys don't want their brilliant idea abused. And who can blame them, as Rocktober turns into AC/December and Van Halen Three-peats morphs into, um, Van Halen Four-peats.

"So being the savvy music-biz guys they are, the metal men have been busily sending radio programming directors trademark license agreements signed by 'General Partner' Lars Ulrich, a.k.a. the drummer, a.k.a. Master of the Puppets. The finely detailed contracts define radio stations' 'right' to use the band's name and the trademarked promo phrase 'Maytallica' on the airwaves: '(Insert name here) shall not use Maytallica for any purposes other than for radio programming services relating to METALLICA and to promote such services and agrees not to seek registration of Maytallica....'

"Hokay, so the question is who's going to profit from swiping the name 'Maytallica'? And wouldn't it be in the band's best interest for 'Maytallica' to be on everyone's lips? Some metal maniacs are apparently off-the-hook control freaks, prompting one program director who signed up for the promotion to whip up his own irate version of the contract titled 'Guarantee of not sucking ass' addressed to 'Corporate Rock Egos Gone Completely Fucking Mad (herein known as 'Metallica').'"

Gaytallica more like

I was hoping that ulrich would be shanked in his fat arse by a san quentin inmate so he could never play drums again. then i remembered that he could never play drums anyway :lol:

load was kinda cool though. i dunno about the new one, i don't want it to sound like bay area thrash though, that would be completely stupid...

I sincerely doubt that this album will be even approaching good, as Metallica is yet to release anything of even remote worth.
firedevil.gif

Lars Ulrich is one of the worst drummers in metal, and saying that he can't drum should be par for the course.
lol.gif

emm, i don't think if the band was so useless, as you say, would have sold some million records. it's like saying that everyone who bought them is stupid.

From my experience, I'd say around 90% of Selloutica's fanbase consists of mouth breathing, hard hat wearing, certifiable retards. White trash tout their beloved purveyors of mainstream metal with a black-toothed smile bordering on obscenity. This is the same with Pantera, a band that I would definitely lump with Metallica. Also, using the "how many cds a band sells" argument is really weak. I mean, the Backstreet Boys sold a few million albums, and I can guarantee that they are useless.

why can't you just say you don't like the band. i repeat, they can't be a bunch of losers, they wouldn't have made such an influence on music if they were... now if you don't like that, well, i can't do anything about it and i don't really care to be honest...

Fucking hell. It's not because they're a bunch of dipshits right now that they didn't make any good music in the 80's. Any metalhead who can ignore what they're doing now should admit that their first albums are damn great. They really were great composers, denying that is lame. Remember Orion, To Live Is to Die, Fade to Black, Four Horsemen and some more. That's first class music that.

Ok, I feel that I need to elaborate. I think that Metallica have not released anything good, ever. Lars Ulrich is a very mediocre drummer. Sure, he can keep the time, but his drumming is so rote and repetitious that it is sleep inducing. Kirk's guitars are very subpar, he is a very generic guitar player. His solos are quite dull. James... he's one of the worst vocalists in metal, he has no range, skill, timbre, or vibratto. He sounds like a redneck mognoloid and his lyrics are beyond pathetic. Their bass players have always been the best members of the band, but Lars and James are both so bad that it is almost laughable.

sol83 said:
hihihi. revenge is sweet. by the way, where have yer been?
When? Yeah sometimes there are periods that I don't come around very much, that's when I'm in Holland or when my girlfriend's here.
Oh hey this reminds me of you and the MSN case. Have you finally downloaded it???