Metallica "Frantic" sample

And I laugh back.
sasmokin.gif

Hmmm...the funny thing with metallica is that no one has a neutral opinion about them. It's a "love them or hate them" kind of band! Oh and also all of you who bush them for all the music they offered, i know that the bands who got you in to metal where opeth, nevremore, anathema etc...It wasn't albums like "master..." "ride..." or "the black album". :rolleyes: You may not like their recent albums they made (neither do i, only "load" a bit), but you have to respect them for the jewels they delivered to our music...
About the frantic sample, i think it sounds promising, as for the sound of it. For the quality we have to wait till June 10...

Well, actually, it wasn't Opeth or Anathema at all that got me into metal (and fuck Nevermore), but it was Metallica. Ha! When I was about 11 years old Load just came out, and I really loved it back then :rolleyes: And then a few years later I heard bands like Anathema for the first time.

Hahaha! Funny Gorik, cos when "Load" came out, I already finished school! ;)
But who's this man with the Yakuza cover as avatar... Saying Metallica sucks ass... mmmmhhh...I'm sure he's from the US and that he posts on Blabbermouth... He reminds me some kind of guy who posted there! :D
You should take a look there, they're dead funny and insulting! :lol:

LuminousAether said:
Ok, I feel that I need to elaborate. I think that Metallica have not released anything good, ever. Lars Ulrich is a very mediocre drummer. Sure, he can keep the time, but his drumming is so rote and repetitious that it is sleep inducing. Kirk's guitars are very subpar, he is a very generic guitar player. His solos are quite dull. James... he's one of the worst vocalists in metal, he has no range, skill, timbre, or vibratto. He sounds like a redneck mognoloid and his lyrics are beyond pathetic. Their bass players have always been the best members of the band, but Lars and James are both so bad that it is almost laughable.

all this is correct. look folks, these arseheads have't released an album worth farting on for over a decade, I can remember when metallica were a bit special and what they are now is'nt even worth arguing over.

Cerulean said:
Well, actually, it wasn't Opeth or Anathema at all that got me into metal (and fuck Nevermore), but it was Metallica. Ha! When I was about 11 years old Load just came out, and I really loved it back then :rolleyes: And then a few years later I heard bands like Anathema for the first time.

Yeah, that was what i meant, the majority of us got into metal with albums from metallica or maiden etc. I wrote "opeth, nevermore..." in a sarcastic way!
BTW, nevermore are great!!! :yell: :)

hehe. metallica got me into music too. me first album ever was justice back in late '93 or something. jesus! it's like 10 years... i feel so old... :cry:

Cause you are old.

I remember a great gig of my life, Metallica in 1993. I was standing on the edge of a dustbin throughout the whole gig and could see everything perfectly, although I occasionally fell off losing my balance while headbanging.

That's weird, cos while I'm defending Metallica now, I don't like that Frantic thingie, but I won't judge it until I hear a studio recording.
And for good drummers, Tool's drummer is the best one in the world imo, SO underrated, but fucking amazing.

Usually the musicians that i like aren't the best at playing their instrument, but great as composers...and that counts most...
The examples are many from "our" Duncan to Lars...

[QUOTE by Cerulean= Well, actually, it wasn't Opeth or Anathema at all that got me into metal (and fuck Nevermore), but it was Metallica. Ha! When I was about 11 years old Load just came out.

hey I was checking your age when i read this and : My birthday is also on the 20th of march.:hotjump:

Danny Carey, the best drummer in the world? Nah, I disagree. Jan Axel Von Blomberg can drum circles around him. Have you ever heard Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War or Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors? My god that man can beat the skins. Also, Mastodon has an absolutely amazing drummer and the drummer on Converge's Jane Doe is a mastermind. And don't let me forget Dave Lombardo. In Slayer, he was a bit predictable (but still good), but in Fantomas he's amazing. His stint with John Zorn made him unpredictable and awesome.

And on the subject of the bands that got you into metal, it was My Dying Bride for me with the song "A Sea to Suffer In." Along with the industrial and alternarock I mentioned, I also listened to nu metal, but I doubt anyone here would consider Deftones, Incubus, or that ilk much of metal.

Look Luminous, drumming fast as hell doesn't make you a good drummer. There's so much more that matters. Tool's drummer outfuns all of those you mentioned, he doesn't use the drums as just something to set the rhythm, he uses it as a proper instrument. The ones you mentioned are not bad but actually just ram their skins. Wow now that's amazing.