Metallica play another newie live

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
METALLICA Performs Another New Song At Japan's SUMMER SONIC Festival - Aug. 12, 2006

METALLICA performed another new song (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ADP_eDAuhg) — tentatively dubbed "New Song No. 2" — during their headlining appearance Saturday night (August 12) at the Summer Sonic Festival in Tokyo, Japan. According to one BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor (jason_813) who attended the concert, the song is "totally different from 'New Song No.1'. It's about three minutes long and very fast and seems to be based around two searing [Kirk] Hammett solos. It was a very rough performance, especially from Lars [Ulrich] but definitely shows promise."

As was the case with all the concerts on the band's recent European tour, METALLICA played their entire 1986 album, "Master of Puppets", during the Tokyo show, including rarely performed tracks such as "Orion" and "Disposable Heroes".

"Master of Puppets" came out in the spring of 1986 and was METALLICA's first gold album and mainstream success. It featured staples of the band's live set such as "Battery", "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" and the title track.

It was also the last METALLICA album to feature bassist Cliff Burton, who was killed later that year in a tour bus crash.

METALLICA's setlist – August 12, 2006 at Summer Sonic Festival in Tokyo, Japan:

01. Creeping Death
02. Fuel
03. Wherever I May Roam
04. The God That Failed
05. Fade To Black
06. Battery
07. Master of Puppets
08. The Thing That Should Not Be
09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
10. Disposable Heroes
11. Leper Messiah
12. Orion
13. Damage, Inc.
- - - -
14. Sad But True
15. Nothing Else Matters
16. One
17. Enter Sandman
- - - -
18. The Other New Song
19. Seek and Destroy

Posted this so Ceydn can shit his pants some more. I haven't checked it out yet myself.

The quality aint that great so its hard to make out
That is an awesome set though, the god that failed ! Yes!

It sreally hard to make out what is going on, I wouldnt hold my breath for a decent song, in all honesty they havent put out a consistantly good album since 88, thats the year I was born for fucks sake!

Metallica_Simpsons_600.jpg

Dan, the song is only a roughy mate, alot is gonna change in the studio, maybe they won't even use the song who knows, it is stupid IMO to go bagging out new material from any band, unless they have the album in the bag, but not released, so what they are playing, is a true example of the product

Southy said:
Dan, the song is only a roughy mate, alot is gonna change in the studio, maybe they won't even use the song who knows, it is stupid IMO to go bagging out new material from any band, unless they have the album in the bag, but not released, so what they are playing, is a true example of the product

Fair enough point, however, I think it is fair to judge from the two songs that have been played that perhaps the guys are taking a path that I am not going to like, sure its only two songs, and when they did debut songs live back in 95 for the upcoming Load album they were the two of shittest songs to come out of that period, so, hopefully, this will be the same. I dont hold in high hopes a prospect of a good album, Im not after another Kill or puppets, just a consistantly good and heavy album with no bullshit, just some songs that I could look forward to seeing live, that hasnt really been apparent for the last decade of albums that they have made.

edit - bah, I gave the song a couple of more listens, its starting to grow on me somewhat

ceydn said:
2 X 4 is an AWESOME song!

I think they also played Devil's Dance in 95. Another awesome song.

2x4 is good, Devil's Dance on the other hand...
Yeh they played those two at Donnington 95