Metallica racked up at the Grammys it seems

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Is it Grammys or Grammies?

Anyway, I found it pretty ironic that a band that was ousted by the likes of Jethro Tull in 1989, and who ridiculed the Grammys for this has come all the way around to become the Jethro Tull of the Grammys for 2008.

I chuckled a bit. Maybe even a slight guffaw.

Who cares about Metallica? What have they ever accomplished besides a few decent songs? Most overrated pieces of shit ever, thank god they kicked Mustaine out though... Megadeth fucking rules. Stack up United Abominations against the last 2 or 3 Metallica releases... no contest.

Who cares about Metallica? What have they ever accomplished besides a few decent songs? Most overrated pieces of shit ever, thank god they kicked Mustaine out though... Megadeth fucking rules. Stack up United Abominations against the last 2 or 3 Metallica releases... no contest.
You need to view such things in their time-frame. I agree that Metallica is overrated, but very few bands have placed metal so firmly on the map as Metallica. Remember that when they started, few, if any, bands were making similar music. I'm not a Metallica fan, never was, but you can't deny that very few bands have meant as much to metal as Metallica.

They're total shyte now though.

metallica_-_load-front%5B1%5D.jpg

Megadeth? I'll take later songwriting focused Metallica over that riff based shit any day.

Metallica is decent. Street Anger "the song" was decent. The new album is decent. Load and Reload are decent. Everything before that was decent.

I used to worship Metallica back in the day. There literally was none higher; I was so naive.

As I started playing music, I realized just how fucking awesome Mustaine was/is, and decided to pattern myself after his style and ability.

My hero growing up was Hetfield. He made me want to pick up a guitar, but Mustaine made me want to play better.

Im gonna be a cliche and say i havent listened to Metallica as a fan since Load...truth...Load was really bad in my opinion and the records that came after? D: no...
of course im not gonna deny what they have done for metal..Metallica is far from a tragedy...just a sad sad crying clown in iron lung these days..
i have always preferred Megadeth...always...

ALSO: the Grammys are a sham...

I have to admit that when I was a kid, I loved Load. It was my Jr High School record, I listened to it every day. Once I started discovering older Metallica, and then metal from teh sv3den, it was quickly a distant memory.

But you know what? I pulled out Load the other day, and was blown away by the quality of production, guitar tonez, and songwriting. It's not a metal record, and it's hard to even call it a 'Metallica' record, but it is a KILLER pop/rock album, and destroys anything comparable to it these days (Nickelback, Staind, all that bullshit).

I dare you to pull out Load, and listen to it not as a metal or a Metallica record, and I bet you'll be surprised. There's some great shit on there. (and also some hilariously bad shit too, but hey. It's IS load.)

Fuck the haters, Load is an AWESOME album. I prefer it to more recent Metallica because it's exactly what their new stuff isn't: what they felt like doing. TO me, all the stuff after Reload sounds forced and faked and meant to be cashed in on since metal is popular again. When they did Load and ReLoad they were writing the music they wanted to write. They knew it'd be successful no matter what they did, and they knew it'd be at the cost of a great majority of their long time fans, but they did it anyways. And the music is great to boot. More recently it seems like they're trying to reel the fans they lost with Load/ReLoad back with more old-fashioned stuff.

But I don't know, that's just the way I see it. Regardless of their intentions, Load is a fucking awesome album and very significant in my musical upbringing. A song like The House Jack Built will always be ace in my book. Plus it came out in the middle of my teenage years so it automatically takes me back to that period of my life whenever I put it on for nostalgia's sake.

<3 Load

I listened to Load a lot just because it was a metallica album and we had to wait so long for it, but I started getting into underground stuff in 1997 so I never copped Reload.

No matter how much I have no interest in their music now, everything up to and including the black album are as good as it gets for metal.

I too was always on the Megadeth side of the argument, they were my favorite band back then, but that didn't mean I didn't know every metallica riff/lyric by heart.

saying old metallica is mediocre/garbage is just not true. as far as I'm concerned, the first four sabbath, metallica and megadeth albums make up my bible.

I have to admit that when I was a kid, I loved Load. It was my Jr High School record, I listened to it every day. Once I started discovering older Metallica, and then metal from teh sv3den, it was quickly a distant memory.

But you know what? I pulled out Load the other day, and was blown away by the quality of production, guitar tonez, and songwriting. It's not a metal record, and it's hard to even call it a 'Metallica' record, but it is a KILLER pop/rock album, and destroys anything comparable to it these days (Nickelback, Staind, all that bullshit).

I dare you to pull out Load, and listen to it not as a metal or a Metallica record, and I bet you'll be surprised. There's some great shit on there. (and also some hilariously bad shit too, but hey. It's IS load.)

Fuck the haters, Load is an AWESOME album. I prefer it to more recent Metallica because it's exactly what their new stuff isn't: what they felt like doing. TO me, all the stuff after Reload sounds forced and faked and meant to be cashed in on since metal is popular again. When they did Load and ReLoad they were writing the music they wanted to write. They knew it'd be successful no matter what they did, and they knew it'd be at the cost of a great majority of their long time fans, but they did it anyways. And the music is great to boot. More recently it seems like they're trying to reel the fans they lost with Load/ReLoad back with more old-fashioned stuff.

But I don't know, that's just the way I see it. Regardless of their intentions, Load is a fucking awesome album and very significant in my musical upbringing. A song like The House Jack Built will always be ace in my book. Plus it came out in the middle of my teenage years so it automatically takes me back to that period of my life whenever I put it on for nostalgia's sake.

<3 Load

I listened to Load a lot just because it was a metallica album and we had to wait so long for it, but I started getting into underground stuff in 1997 so I never copped Reload.

No matter how much I have no interest in their music now, everything up to and including the black album are as good as it gets for metal.

I too was always on the Megadeth side of the argument, they were my favorite band back then, but that didn't mean I didn't know every metallica riff/lyric by heart.

saying old metallica is mediocre/garbage is just not true. as far as I'm concerned, the first four sabbath, metallica and megadeth albums make up my bible.