A world-first at the Grammys

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hey

Who woulda thunk it? Five bands nominated for Best Metal Performance at this year's Grammy awards aren't all that bad! They are:

"The Wizard" - Black Sabbath
"Disciple" - Slayer
"Left Behind" - Slipknot
"Chop Suey!" - System of a Down
"Schism" - Tool

Sure, we're still not seeing the really good metal that's coming out of places like Europe but at least the list isn't full of your Limp Bizkits, Deftones, Korns and the like (and I don't want anyone saying, "But year, Slipknot's there!").

Anyone got a list of the nominees from the first time the category was presented, when Jethro Tull ("Crest of a Knave", I believe) famously beat Metallica?

I bet those pretentious wankers in Tool will win it (apologies to any Tool fans).

I want Slayer to win!

Actually I lie, I want Slipknot to win, because I want to see whether they would even show up, and if they did, exactly what they would do........ could be interesting! :D

Anyway, Id be happy with Slayer or Slipknot winning cos they both rule! :headbang: :headbang:

P.S. Black Sabbath probably wont win because Ozzy rightly said they could go and get stuffed when they finally decided to put Black Sabbath in the "hall of fame".

The Grammy people and the Hall of Fame people are two different organisations, though. Ozzy won a Grammy a few years ago for "I Don't Wanna Change the World" (beating Iron Maiden for "Fear of the Dark (live)", incidentally) and I don't remember him saying anything.

Originally posted by Spiff
The Grammy people and the Hall of Fame people are two different organisations, though. Ozzy won a Grammy a few years ago for "I Don't Wanna Change the World" (beating Iron Maiden for "Fear of the Dark (live)", incidentally) and I don't remember him saying anything.

Spawny considers himself corrected :D

I like Tool, but not enough to go home and have a six hour masturbation session. I agree with your comment about them though Spawny! ;)

Who cares? It's a Grammy, for Chrissake! You win those for popularity, not quality. It's the greatest payola in the entertainment industry. Hence, Slipknot will win.

Busboy: "Hey, an awards trophy. Oh, it's a Grammy..."
[tosses it from balcony]
Guy on street: "Hey! Don't throw your junk down here!"

Wow there's 2 metal bands on that list... :)

Hope Sabbath win, they deserve it and apart from the intro of Disciple with that cool triplet riff... it sucks I think.... as does the whole new album :D

I think Ozzfest has gotten to Slayer and they wanna be all cool and teen angsty like Slipknot and repeatedly scream phrases like "GOOOODDDD HATES US ALLLL" and "HERE COMES THE PAIN" and scream FUCK alot.

Oh well... we still have Megadeth don't we :)

VOLATILE HAHAHAHAH!!!!!
"BEER SLUTS AND MANGLED CORPSES!" Hahahaha!
Get off the road ya farkin poofta bastard! :D HAHA.

Pull your head out of your glammy arse my friend! :D

The new Slayer album rules! As does Slipknots! :headbang:

Ok, I admit its not for everyone, they are rather loud, raucous and violent albums :)

Sydo, you should buy Slipknots new one, you seemed to quite enjoy Slayers new one, and it is but a short hop to Slipknots sound on their new album. Its worth it for People = Shit alone :)

Originally posted by spawn
Sydo, you should buy Slipknots new one, you seemed to quite enjoy Slayers new one, and it is but a short hop to Slipknots sound on their new album. Its worth it for People = Shit alone :)

I think I'm too in tune with my own sexuality to make that 'short hop'. :p

the song that does shit me on the new slipknot is Heritic Anthem..it is shite and i wish they never bothered with it but hey ya win some and ya lose some...And Trooper what the fuck is up with not diggin the new slayer album dude shit i reckon its one of their best in a long time...and Whats this about Sabbath and a new album??

Southy! Does this mean you have Slipknots second album? If so, could you please tell everyone how awesome People = Shit is??? :D :headbang:

So 'People = Shit' is a song? I thought you were just making a passing comment. :lol:

yes i have got it and yes ppl=shit is a good song, but my fav is everything ends and i think its calles my plague (the one where the opening lines are something about slitting ya throat and sticking ya head in to feel the wound)