METALLICA: Recapturing The Heavy Metal Throne

Dirt Junior said:
SOMEONE BURY THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

METALLICA SUCKS NOW!!!!! :yell:

Well if people like you who don't want to see this thread anymore, then you need to quit posting on it, cause it's just going to stay at the top of the thread list everytime someone posts on it.

Steiner said:
They were the kings of metal. They had the ability to play the best fucking metal on the planet - and that's what they did for about 10 years. But then something happened. James and Lars "went in a different direction"...whatever the hell that cliche means.

To me, it meant that I stopped listening to their shit after I heard the Black album. (CLICHE)

I don't care for their music, their short hair, their pretentious MTV interviews, Lallapalooza, their Napster stance, or their self proclaimed ascension into whatever they've become. Cliff would roll over in his grave if he heard "Nothing Else Matters" or "Hero Of The Day" !!! (CLICHE #2)

I still think they ditched their fans and started making music for their wives.
(CLICHE#3)

Haven't we read this somewhere else? LMFAO

Pyrus said:
Testament was making videos around the same time. So was Overkill. So was Megadeth. What's your point?

The other bands never said "We wont ever make any videos". Not that thats a term of selling out or anything. Even "The Great Kat" Makes videos. They probably just got tired of thrashing or bob rock fucked everything up. i'm guessing the second. If they oust the queer, everything will be better. (No offense to queers intended)

I love the old Metallica stuff, dont get me wrong, but , Load and Reload lick ass. havent heard S&M so i cant say, and i definately will give the new album a chance, but i'm not expecting a lot.

So they changed their minds. It happens. I changed my mind about heavy metal when I listened to Metallica; I changed my mind about ReLoad (as in, liked it less) after I got Puppets.

S&M is...weird. A whole different experience. It makes the Load/ReLoad songs really good and fucks up some of the old songs; some of them are actually really cool with the symphony. (One, Ktulu, FWTBT). Worth buying used.